Chapter 2 ~ The assignment

~September 25, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

I can't rip my eyes away from his. Was it him, Zayn Malik, who had been staring at me for three months? Was it him who had been stalking me for that long? Had it been him in the Woods?

The smirk is still on his face. He looks relaxed, sitting slumped in his chair. His head resting on his hand. His eyes are still on me, only now, he's checking me out, scanning the rest of my body. His golden brown orbs trailing down and back up over my body. Then he looks me back into my eyes and winks.

I tear my eyes away and look into my book. A blush is crawling on my cheeks. I must be bright red now. Why did he do that?

Harry pokes my side again. I look back up and see his excited smile, dimples showing. What's he so happy about?

"What?" I whisper annoyed. Harry is practically bouncing up and down in his seat. The only thing that is missing now is that he starts clapping his hands excitedly.

"He was flirting with you!"  He whisper-yells to me, causing Louis and Liam to turn their heads in our direction. Their curious eyes are looking from me to Louis and back to me again.

I roll my eyes at Harry. "No, he was not. Why would he be interested in me of all people?" I sigh. I'm not the best looking boy out here. Zayn can do much better than me. If he is into boys at least.

"Don't say that. You are quite a looker. And besides, didn't you see his wink? He winked at you! After he checked you out! He totally thinks you're hot!" Harry then says. His smile becomes even bigger. One second I wonder how it's possible to smile that wide. Shouldn't his cheeks be ripped by now?

I groan and lay my head on the desk in front of me. Let Harry believe what he wants to believe, but I'm not buying it. I don't want to get my hopes up to get them shattered down again in the end. Besides, Zayn is scary. Well,... Maybe not scary, but his gaze gives me goosebumps all over my body.

"What are you talking about?" I hear Louis ask. As long as he can gossip about it, he's interested. And since this about my new found crush on the new bad boy, he will be interested. And Liam, he's always been a curious boy.

"That new guy? Zayn? Niall has a crush on him." Harry starts explaining. I can almost see the smile on face widen even more. Then I hear Liam mumble that Zayn is kinda hot and a jealous feeling goes through my body.

'No, Niall! You won't be jealous over Zayn. You do not like him!' I lecture myself.

 "Well, and Zayn was totally checking Niall out. He even winked at him." Harry goes on and I can hear Louis' amused gasp.

"Oooh, Niall! You've got an admirer." Louis says out loud and I'm sure the whole class is looking at us by now. Good thing that the teacher doesn't mind a bit of talking, so he doesn't say anything about it. 

"He's looking at you again." I feel Harry whisper in my ear suddenly.

He didn't really need to tell me that. I can still feel his eyes on me.

'Can Zayn be the one from the Woods? My stalker for three months?' My mind wonders again. But then the words of Mr. Hensen are drifting back into my mind. 'He just moved here...' That's what he had said.

I look back up and my eyes find their way back to Zayn almost automatically. Like they are attracted by a magnet. It can't be him. He just moved here from Bradford, and that's a long way away. I must be becoming paranoid.