Chapter 8 ~ Sleepover

~September 27 & 28, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

With wide eyes, I look at Louis.

"What do we do now?" I whisper yell. I don't want to get caught! I'm too young to die! Or go to jail!

Louis is looking panicky through the room. Then his gaze falls on the window. "There." He says and points.

"No." I protest. "I'm not going through the window. We will die if we fall." 

"Yeah, but we can't go back downstairs now, huh?" Louis says and walks to the window. Then he opens it and looks outside. "We're lucky. We can climb in that tree and then to the ground."

I gulp. "Louis, you know how clumsy I am. I can't do that." 

"You have to." He simply states and pushes himself up on the windowsill. Carefully he steps on the closest branch from the three. Not even a minute later he has reached the ground and is gesturing for me to come too.

Oh, believe me. I rather jump out of the window then Zayn finds me. The problem is, I won't make it in time to the ground before Zayn will come in. I hear his footsteps on the stairs.

I panic again and close the window silently. Then I look hastily around the bedroom for a hiding place. After two seconds I have two choices. The bed or the closet. 

I quickly shut the light off and make my way to the closet. Just when I close the closet door, the door from the chamber opens and Zayn comes in.

I can follow his every move through the light crack in between the closet doors.

I watch as he plops down on his bed and sighs loudly. He runs his hand through his hair without messing it up, but it's clear that he's frustrated. 

Why? Is the question running through my head.

I can't move. The space is way too small for that and I'm holding a hand over my mouth and nose so he won't hear me breathing.

Suddenly his phone starts ringing. Without even looking at the caller ID he picks up and yells. "What?" 

It's silent for a moment in which the caller answers.

"I said that I would do it." Zayn says angrily into the phone. "Leave me alone now." 

Another silence follows and Zayn stands up and starts pacing around the room. Suddenly he freezes.

"You are putting this on time?" He hisses in a voice that gives me the chills. I never heard him this angry before. "Two weeks? I first need to gain his trust. Then I'll..." He trails off.

I watch in horror when he gets even angrier. 

"Haven't I already proven myself enough?" He yells through the phone. "I hate you!" And with that, he disconnects the call.

"I can't do it!" He yells to no one in particular before he swings his arm and throws his phone to the opposite wall. It smashes against the wall, shatters and falls to the ground, together with pieces brick and plaster.

My eyes widen again and I can just stop the loud gasp coming from my mouth. He threw a hole in the wall with a freaking phone.

Zayn in the meantime kicks his bed with a loud groan before he speeds out of the room again. 

When I hear his footsteps going down the stairs I know it's my chance to escape. 

I basically sprint out of the closet and run to the window. I open it and without hesitation, I copy Louis' earlier actions. I don't want to stay one more minute in the house with that angry monster.