Chapter 4 ~ I want to give you something.

~September 26, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

The first thing I do as I open my eyes in the morning is checking the window. When I woke up this night after my dream, it was opened and I know sure as heck that I closed it before I went to bed. 

And then the figure I saw. Probably my imagination. I just think I saw someone because the dream was so scary.

It had been so real. Like I really went to Mrs.Layden's house and saw her dead body. Like Zayn really was the killer of the poor lady. 

My mind is stuck. I can't decide if it was real or just a dream. I don't trust Zayn. He's cocky and scary. And then you also have the thing with his eyes which change to black on occasions. Every time they change, something weird happens.

First, the paper with our names on. Then, the thing with my car which broke down. And in my dream, he just made me unconscious with it. Let's not speak about the fact that he was earlier by my car than me, even though he was still in the classroom when I left.

There is something weird about him, and I'm going to figure out what it is.

I get out of my bed and walk over to my window. It's still closed, just like I left it after I closed it in the middle of the night.

I check the lock double to see if no one tried to open it, but I find no traces.

I jump as my phone rings, signaling that I have a new text message. I lay my hand over my heart when I walk to the phone and check the message.

Unknown number

Hi, angel, I'll pick you up for school in 10 minutes. Be ready ~ xx Zayn.

Shit, he does have my number. The one that gave it to him is a dead person. 

I pull on the first pieces of clothing that I can reach. It just happens to be my favorite white shirt and black skinny jeans. 

As I walk downstairs to the kitchen, I see my breakfast is already waiting for me, just like every other morning.

"Good morning, mom," I say and my mother looks up from the book she was reading.

"Morning, honey." She says and I give her a kiss on her cheek. "You look still tired." She notes as she watches my face. 

"Yeah, I didn't sleep well. I had a nightmare." I say and start eating.

"Just don't sleep in school." My mother says before turning back to her book.

I finish my breakfast and put the plate and cutlery in the sink. Then I run back upstairs and brush my teeth. Then I style my hair in my usual hairstyle and go back downstairs. I take my bag and shout goodbye to my mother, which she replies to with 'much fun in school.' I doubt it will be fun. 

I walk outside and only then I realize that I don't have any transport to school. I groan. Maybe I can call Louis. He will give me a lift.

I see the door from the house opposite to mine open and see Zayn appear. His eyes fall on me and his smirk is back on his face. Suddenly I remember his text message, saying that he will give me a lift.

Oh hell, no. I'm not driving to school with him. 

I turn my face away from him and start walking. It's better than getting a lift from him, even though I'm going to be late for school. I don't care.

"Hey, Niall!" I hear Zayn's voice after me, but I keep walking, even when I hear his footsteps behind me. He catches up to me and grabs my wrist.

Immediately I freeze and rip my wrist away from his grip.