Chapter 7 ~ Louis' master plan

~September 27, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

I had fallen back asleep after that horrible nightmare, but only after I put the feather away. I wouldn't risk that the glowing meant something. What if it is to call that scary dog?

I am still tired now. I had just woken up from my phone ringing, signaling that I have received a text message. 

With a groan, I open my eyes, the morning light which is shining through the curtains burning, but I have to get up for school anyway.

When my eyes adjusted to the light enough, I grab my phone and open the text.

Good morning, angel. I'll pick you up at 7.20 for school. ~ xx Zayn

I should have known he would do that. I look up at the alarm clock and see that it is already 7.00. I have to hurry up. Otherwise, Zayn will be here when I'm not ready yet.

I quickly dress in the first thing I can reach and run to the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth. After that, I take the feather out of the bedside table, but not before checking if nothing is wrong with it anymore. The glow is all gone now. 

I run down the stairs and put the black thing in my schoolbag.

Mom has made me breakfast, which I quickly eat.

"Why in such a hurry?" My mom asks when she watched me eating in amazement.

"Zayn will pick me up in..." I look up the clock which says it's 7.18 already. "Two minutes." 

Mom smiles when she hears the name. "Zayn, huh?" She asks with a knowing look.

"Mom, it's nothing. I swear." I say and grab my schoolbag just on the moment I hear a horn and when I look out of the window I see it's Zayn.

"Bye, mom," I say and quickly kiss her cheek before I spurt out of the house. 

I smile at Zayn when I step into his car. "Morning." I greet him.

"Morning," Zayn says and then chuckles. "Your mother is sweet." He says and when I look at the house I can see my mother waving and throwing kisses at me.

I groan, she always does that. "Just drive," I say and Zayn drives away. 

"How did you sleep, angel?" Zayn asks and I look at him.

"Horrible. I had a nightmare and then the feather started to glow. Oh, yeah. I still have to ask you about that." I say and grab the feather out of my schoolbag. 

"I found this in my bed yesterday. Is it yours?" I hold up the feather so Zayn can see it. His eyes travel from the road to the object in my hand and he gasps. 

Immediately he pulls the feather out of my hand. "Yes, that's mine." He says nervous and throws it in the back of the car.

I look confused at the boy next to me. "What the hell? You could have asked to give it back." I say. "There was no need for being so rough."

Zayn sighs. "I know, I'm sorry. It's just,... It was a present from my mom before she died." Zayn says after a second of hesitation.

I nod. "Apology accepted," I say, but I don't fully believe him. "Is that why you live with Mrs. Layden?"

Zayn nods. 

"And what about your dad?" I ask. I immediately regret asking that when his expression turns hard.