Chapter 10 ~ Discoveries

~September 29, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

The next morning I do my normal routine. I wake up from the text Zayn sends me, saying he'll pick me up for school. Then I pull on some clothes and go downstairs for breakfast. I try to avoid my mother because I don't feel like telling her the details of my date with Zayn yesterday. Or that I went skinny dipping with him. She'll flip.
After breakfast, I quickly do my hair and brush my teeth before I hear the honk of Zayn's car. I shout a goodbye to my mom and throw her a kiss while I pick up my schoolbag.

"Hi, Angel." Zayn greets me when I sit down in the passengers' seat of his car. He starts driving after he waved at my mom who was standing in front of the window looking at us.

"Hi, Zaynie," I answer and blush. Should I kiss him now or act like other days. My eyes scan his face, but I stay where I am.

"Zaynie?" He asks amused and chuckles.

"Yeah, you always call me angel, so I figured I can give you a nickname too." I say and look at my feet.

"Don't worry. I like it." Zayn says and takes my chin between his thumb and pointer finger, turning my head in his direction. Then he gives me a loving kiss on my lips. "And don't be afraid to kiss me. I love you, remember?"

I nod shyly. "What are we going to do in school?" I ask. "I mean... Should we come out?" 

Zayn raises his eyebrow. "Of course. I want everyone to know that this beautiful angel is mine." He says and smiles at me.

I smile back at him. "Can you now please keep your eyes on the road? I don't want to die just yet." I say and Zayn smirks.

"You won't get killed today, trust me." He says and I gulp. What does he mean with that?

Zayn places his hand back on its place on my thigh. This time I enjoy the contact. "I will protect you." He whispers so silent that I don't if it's meant for me to hear. A small smile settles on my face when I hear the words.

Before I know it, Zayn has parked the car in his usual parking space. 

"We're here already?" I ask confused. 

"Yes, I know you were distracted by my hotness, but please, try to focus on something else too, angel." Zayn says jokingly and I slap his arm.

I step out of the car and walk to where my friends are standing. I feel Zayn laying his arm around my waist and I smile. I can't help but feel a bit safer now. 

"Hey, guys." I say when we reach them. They all mumble something back and their eyes land on Zayn's arm.

"Does that mean..." Harry asks, but trails off when Zayn pulls me closer and plants his lips firmly on mine. Surprised, my eyes widen before they close and I start to enjoy the passionate kiss.

"Yup." Zayn said and smirks proudly.

Louis' face starts to brighten up and a large grin appears around his mouth. "I told you! Now pay up, Styles."

I watch as Harry groans and pushes a five-pound note in Louis' hand. "What the fuck, guys?" I say and frown.

"We bet on how long it would take for you to get together. As in a couple, I mean. I won by the way." Louis explains and waves the note in front of my face before he puts it in his pocket.

I huff. That's not nice of them.

"Let them be. They're just jealous." Zayn whispers in my ear. His breath creates goosebumps in my neck and I slightly shiver.