Chapter 19 ~ Prison

Chapter 19 ~ Prison

~October 7, 2013~

~Niall's POV~

The feeling of the cold steel pressed against my neck is terrifying. The worst thing is I can't do anything about it. I'm still under the spell from the potion Lucifer gave me. I can't move at all while a large smile is on my face.

Well, we should Always be optimistic, right?

Zayn too stands frozen in his place.

"No, don't hurt him." He pleads and I hear the creepy chuckle from Lucifer coming from behind me.

"I will kill him if you don't join the army, Damion." Lucifer says and I feel the blade press harder against my neck. A small cut had formed by now and a few drops of blood fall down. "I will kill him very painfully and slow while you are watching if you don't. Your choice, son."

Zayn looks into my eyes sadly. I already know he made his choice. And what that choice is.

With all my might I start to fight the potion. I can feel that it's almost worked out by now. I close my eyes and start to fight the mist that blocks the part of my brain that controls my actions.

"Don't Zayn! I will die either way." I yell out from the moment it worked.

Lucifer growls and again he tightens his grip on the knife. I whimper in pain and try to break away, but I'm too weak. 

Zayn looks at Lucifer with an angry expression. "You lied to me?" He asks.

Lucifer shrugs. "Yes, I did, but I'm willing to make a deal with you." He says and Zayn stands up straighter.

"What is it?" Zayn asks curiously and cautiously. I can see he doesn't trust his dad now. Who does?

"If you join the army, I won't kill Niall. But you will have to win this war and bring God down. Otherwise, Niall will die." The devil says. "You have two minutes to decide."

Lucifer now clamps one hand over my mouth so I can't say anything, but it's a relief to not have the knife on my neck anymore.

The whole room falls silent. All the demons had been listening quietly and now all their eyes are focused on Zayn. 

I want to say he can't do that. That Lucifer is just lying again, but I can't. 

A few minutes pass and suddenly Lucifer moves behind me. "Time's up Damion." Lucifer says and turns me around, so I'm facing him now. My eyes widen in fear when I see he raises the knife and brings it down to stab me straight in the heart.

"STOP!" Zayn yells from behind me. "I'll do it!" 

Lucifer smirks and drops me. I lose my balance and land on the floor. "Good." He says.

Zayn runs to my side and sinks on his knees. "Are you okay?" He whispers when he wraps his arms around me.

"Yeah." I breathe out and bury my head in Zayn's chest. "You shouldn't have done that." I whisper.

"Yes, I had to. I want you to be safe." He answers and I shake my head sadly.

"He is the devil, Zayn. He won't hold his promises." 

"He has to. I promise I'll save you." Zayn says and places a kiss on my lips. Immediately I kiss back.

"Okay, that's enough." Lucifer says, disgust clear in his voice. He pulls me and Zayn apart. "Damion, get ready. We will do a surprise attack soon."

Then he claps his hands two times and the door flies open. Mullin and Andras are standing there with their heads down in a bow.

"Take this guy to jail. He will be there until we won this war." The devil commands.