Not Like Before

"Take cover!" Shachi shouted, crouching behind a table, gun pointed towards the door. The rest of the men were in similar positions, all listening closely for the point the guards would break through the door. The sound of feet grew louder, as boots hit the tile floor somewhere down the hall.

"Make sure they're secure!" Penguin shouted, nodding in the direction of the hostages. They had all been tied up, but they didn't want to take any chances. Bepo went into action, watching the medical staff with a critical eye. If they tried anything, he'd know.

The bear was a little worried that his best friend went off on his own. The Captain was known to do things by himself, but even that usually meant Bepo was nearby or even with him. In such a dangerous and unpredictable place, he wasn't sure splitting up was a good idea. They didn't have a clue what these people are capable of.

Commands were being shouted down the hall, and everyone shifted position.

A second later, the doors burst open, and bullet were being fired inside. The medical staff screamed, and those who weren't behind the relative protection of the tables set up at random points were riddled with bullets in seconds. They died instantly, slumping over onto the shoulders of their coworkers, who subsequently screamed in fear. Bepo crouched down below the line of fire, making sure to stay behind the tables. As first mate, it was his job to protect the crew when Law wasn't around, and by God, he'd protect them.

"Exterminate all intruders!" One of the armored guards ordered, and the assault continued. Bepo growled loudly, angry that he couldn't fight these people with his karate style.

"We want our nakama back!" He shouted, waiting for the first opportunity to attack.

~~~

"I noticed you got a new hat." She said, touching the brim with her finger. Law glanced up at it, like he'd only just realized.

"I did." He said, brushing her hand away.

"What happened to your old one?" She pouted, still inspecting his headwear. He shook his head in amusement. Sometimes, the smallest things had her mesmerized.

"I still have it." Law helped a limping Summer turn the corner, waiting on her directions. She looked around at the rooms, trying to remember where the Doctor's office was. She'd only ever been there once, long ago when she was 12 or something, but the awful memories of this place was making it hard to remember single details.

"I think its down this hallway." Law nodded heading over to the first door. It was unlocked, and he swung the door open.

It was an office, but Summer shook her head. "It's much too small. His was the biggest and most ornate."

They moved onto the next one, which was locked. Law set Summer down against the wall and broke the lock. He readied his weapon, before remembering one thing.

"I almost forgot." He said, reaching for something on his belt. A grin spread across her face at the sight of the four daggers. Gently taking them into her hands, she took them from his grasp.

"You took care of them." She mentioned, inspecting all the blades in satisfaction. He gripped the doorhandles again, waiting until Summer nodded that she was ready. In one swift move, he opened the door and looked inside.

"Oh my god!" A woman, half dressed, shouted. A male nurse sat on a chair, with the female straddling his waist. There were several marks all over his necks, no doubt from their activities before the two pirates had intruded.

"Jesus!" He cried, trying to cover himself up. The woman pulled up the straps of her bra, fixing her hair swiftly. Unperturbed, Law was about to walk away, but Summer grabbed his arm. He turned back, perplexed.