Chapter 12

*semi important a/n at the end!!*

-------------------

1 month later

+

"Marley! Madison! Come down for dinner!", I yell as I prepare the table for dinner. Michael is helping me calm Matthew down by feeding him. I hear heavy footsteps on the stairs as the girls race to their seats. "Girls, what did I tell you about running on the stairs?" I ask sternly whilst being genuinely concerned for their safety. "Sorry, mummy", Marley says softly, looking down at her lap. "Yeah, sorry, mummy", Madison reiterated. Michael joined us at the table placing Matthew in his swing beside my seat. "This looks delicious, babe", Michael says, kissing my cheek. I smile at my family at the table eating the chicken parmesan I prepared minutes before. Michael and I officially adopted Madison two weeks ago. Her and Marley are the best of friends. They're literally inseparable.  "How was school today, girls?" Michael asked. They both started laughing their heads off and I just smiled knowing that they enjoy school so much. "It was so funny! We had show and tell and...and...and..." Marley tried, but burst into laughter again. "And, this one boy, Tommy, brought his pet bird and it...it landed on the teacher and... and... it started eating her hair!" Madison finished, laughing again. I couldn't help but let a small laugh slip from my lips. I mean, their laughter is contagious. We all finished our supper and washed our dishes leaving them in the dish drainer to dry. The girls went upstairs to get their pajamas and get ready for baths. I took Matthew to his nursery to put him to bed. Michael was helping the girls get ready. Life has been perfect, to say the least, in the last month. I couldn't ask for anything better.

+

the next day

"Have fun girls!"  I yell as I leave the sleepover that the girls were invited to by one of their school friends. Michael's mum and dad had Matthew for the night so we could have some time to ourselves. Having three kids at the age of twenty-two, can be tiring...all the time. Michael planned a dinner date for the two of us, at home of course. He wanted to make me a home cooked meal, by himself. When I got home, all of the lights were off and there were a mix of white and red rose petals leading to the dining room, which was beautifully decorated with candles and subtle bits of confetti. Rose petals covered the table and there were two candles in the middle of the table. I stood in the doorway in awe. Michael came over to me to hug me and whisper in my ear, "There's a dress on the bed, go put it on, I had it made specially for you". I kissed his cheek as he let go and I waltzed up the stairs to our bedroom. I see a beautiful navy blue dress lying perfectly on the bed with a pair of small black velvet heels to go with it. I slip my clothes off and slip the dress and heels on. I walk to the bathroom to apply a minimal amount of makeup and make sure my hair didn't look like trash. I was greeted by Michael at the bottom of the stairs who took my hand and pulled my chair out for me to sit in. "This is all amazing, Michael. I'm literally awestruck right now", I say holding back tears. He pours some champagne in a skinny glass in front of me, repeating the process for himself. 

"So, when are you going back on tour?" I ask Michael quietly, not sure if I were ready for the answer. He grabs my hand, caressing it with his thumb, "Don't worry. It's not for another six months. I promise", he held his pinky in the air. We lock pinkies and kiss the ends of our hands. I smile, thinking to myself of how much Michael has changed for the better. He's an amazing father, fiance, best friend and human being. I love him more than words can describe and for him to do this for me tonight, meant the world. "Makenna, you and the kids are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I really hope you know that", he said in the same tone of voice I used earlier on. As he's saying this, he pulls out a long grey box. I stare in awe as he opens it. He pulls out a small, diamond necklace. "I know its small, but you always said that you love minimalistic things. I hope you like it", he said. "I love it so much", I kiss his lips softly after he put the necklace around my neck. After we finished eating, we blew all the candles out to prevent a house fire. Michael grabbed his guitar and we went out to the back yard and sat on the swing. "I kind of wrote a song for you, and I hope you like it so here it goes". 

Most of my life, I sat on my hands, I don't make a sound

Getting it right, I made all my plans, lost, never found

Your eyes, your smile can light up the night, night

Embers and neon signs paint up our sky, sky

Airplanes cut through the clouds

Like angels can fly, we'll never die

Sirens cut through the night

Like screams set on fire, rising up higher

I've got something to prove, nothing to lose

In this city, in this city 

All of this time, I questioned myself, I never could wait

Looking for signs, not asking for help, I know it's too late

Love lost and buried here, it comes to life, life

Make believe worlds make us all feel alive, live

Airplanes cut through the clouds

Like angels can fly, we'll never die

Sirens cut through the night

Like screams set on fire, rising up higher

I've got something to prove, nothing to lose

In this city, in this city 

I don't ever wanna wait for this, I believe that I was made for this

I won't fade into dark

I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry, gonna see the end of this story

I won't fade into darkness

Airplanes cut through the clouds

Like angels can fly, we'll never die

Sirens cut through the night

Like screams set on fire, rising up higher

I've got something to prove, nothing to lose

In this city, in this city 

+

I really hope this chapter was okay!  It was kind of a "spur of the moment"  type thing! I had an idea of doing a Character Q&A, so comment questions for Michael and Makenna and maybe "they'll" answer them! Please vote and comment. I love you alllll!