Chapter 6

Chapter status: edited

+

"A little to the left," I instructed the movers. They moved a few inches from their initial standing point then looked at me for approval. "Perfect!" I exclaimed. We just got our house and everything approved. It took at least two weeks to get everything ready to move in. Michael is at his old place packing things. We already got things from my old house out and in the moving truck so now we have movers to unload it. I offered to help Michael but he said it would be best to stay here with the movers to make sure they didn't steal any of our things. My mom has Marley and I have to pick her up when we get everything unpacked. There's a new daycare about 3 blocks from the home and I can take Marley there when Michael and I need alone time or just need to run errands. It will be perfect for her to make new friends until we decide to have more children which I don't think will be anytime soon. Michael has mentioned the idea of a proposal soon but I don't know if he's 100% serious. He has a tour coming up soon and I want that to be his number one priority. I'm not necessarily saying that I'll say no if he does propose soon but I just don't want him to be worried about marrying me right away if he does.

"Hello?" I ask, answering my phone. "Hey, love. I'll be over in a few minutes. Are the movers still there? Michael asks on the other line. "Nope. They left about two hours ago," I said, grinning. "Okay, well, get ready and we can go get Marley and then go out to eat or something?" "Okay, sounds like a plan! Love you!" I hang up the phone and get dressed in a causal summertime dress and flats. I curl my hair loosely letting it cascade down my back. When I'm done with my hair and makeup I hear Michael honk his horn in a weird tune that he always does. I walk out of the house, locking it behind me. "Hi, babe." He kisses me as I get in the car. "Hello." I answer in a sing-song voice. We drive off towards town and I see Michael staring at me every few minutes. "What?" I ask. "You look stunning." I glare at him in annoyance, "Michael. I am wearing a summer dress and flats and barely any makeup. I do not look stunning." I said sternly adding air quotes to stunning. He grunted, "Whatever." I looked at him and laughed, "You're ridiculous but I still love you." He scowled at me, "I'm mad at you", and stuck his tongue out. I snickered, squeezing his thigh which made him smile. "HA! Made you smile." I grinned while looking at him. He took one hand off the steering wheel and intertwined our fingers. "I love you, Makenna Grace." "I love you too, Michael Gordon."

--

"Want some juice, Marley?" I look at the hungry girl. "Yes, pleas!" I hand Marley her juice and walk to the stove to turn supper on. We're having pasta tonight. I pour the pasta in the kettle and feel Michael's arms snake around my waist. "Smells delicious," Michael says. I reply, "Thanks, babe." He smiles and kisses my cheek. I hear Michael and Marley giggle behind me and suddenly feel something cold down my shirt. I squeal, "Michael Gordon!" I turned around to see the two of them high-five and laugh. "Oh! You're going to get it!" I reach in the freezer and get three ice cubes out of the tray. "No, Makenna. Please" he begs. "Aw, look who's being a little baby?" Michael runs to the opposite side of the island and I stare him down. I slowly go to his side. Once he's halfway to where I was, I turn around and get him. "HA! Sucker! That'll teach you!" I turn around to the stove and continue cooking while Michael pouts at the kitchen table. Supper is finished after about fifteen minutes. we all sit at the small round table, perfect for a family of three. "This is delicious, Kenna! Thanks for cooking!" Michael says. "You're welcome, babe." I smile. Marley is too busy stuffing her face to thank me. This is what I've always dreamed of. This is perfect. I couldn't ask for a better life.

--

*next morning*

I have so many errands to do today and I'd just rather get them done quickly so we can have some quality family time a little later in the day. It's nine o'clock right now and I'm getting dressed to run errands for Michael and I. Once I finish getting ready, I leave a post-it note for Michael saying "Hey, babe. Went to run errands. Please check on Marley when you're up. Or she may have already woken you up. Love you!". I grab my keys and head out the door. This is Michael's first time having Marley by himself. I definitely trust him though.

Michael's POV

I'm lying in bed on twitter after waking up and reading Makenna's note. I can't believe she trusts me. About a minute later, a messy haired Marley comes bolting through the door. "Good morning, daddy" She attempts to say while yawning. I smile, "Good morning, baby girl." She climbs on the bed and hugs me. "Love you!" She says, hugging me. I look at her, "I love you too baby girl. How about some breakfast?" She jumps off the bed, "Yes, please!". I get up and go to the kitchen and eat cereal. After we're finished, I tell Marley to get dressed. 

----

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked her and she nodded. Marley went to the rack of DVD's and picked out "How to Train Your Dragon". I'm really glad she's into all different kinds of things, not just girly things. I put the movie in and popped some popcorn for the both of us as the previews played. She crawled up into my side with her blankie cuddled into her chest. I kiss the top of my daughter's head as the movie starts. This is definitely the best thing I've ever experienced. I really wish I could have experienced it more though. I understand where Makenna is coming from though. I wish I wasn't a screw up back then.

*Later that night*

Makenna's POV

Michael did really well with Marley. By the time I came home, she was dressed, had breakfast and was put down for her nap. Its about eight o'clock right now and Marley is in bed. "Michael.." I say, my voice trailing off. "Yes?", he questions. I pull out a pregnancy test from my bag. "I think I need to take this.. " I whisper. Michael's face lights up. "Are you serious?!" He whisper shouts. "Yes!" I exclaim. He gives me an assuring look before I go in the bathroom to take the test. About a minute later I open the door and signal Michael to come and wait. "We have to wait about three minutes." I say. He nods, "I hope its positive." I smile, "Me too". "Positive." I say, smiling. He hugs me and spins me around. "I love you" I say, kissing him. He pulls away, "I love you too".

A/N: I hope this was okay. I don't really know how I feel about it. Leave comments and vote! Ily all. <3

QOTD: Should Makenna have a boy or girl?

QOTD2: Names?