Chapter 2

Chapter status: edited

"So, are you okay, Makenna?" Michael questions, looking deep in my eyes. I try to answer and hesitate before I say what I want. "No...Michael, I miss you. So much." Marley is playing on her iPad. I look at her and smile while I wait for Michael's answer. I honestly don't understand how he doesn't notice that she's his daughter. "What? I-I don't understand." Michael stuttered. He's nervous. "Michael, I still love you." He looks down. "Makenna, I can't get back with you now. I have a girlfriend. She's amazing. You are too but, I love this girl so much."  I look down. I can't believe what I just did. I made a complete fool of myself. Why did I have to be so stupid? No, why did he have to be so stupid? "I think you should go, Michael." I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. Michael got up and walked to the door with his head down. "Bye dad!" Michael turned around, "Dad?" 

-

I woke up in a panic and sweating crazily. I sighed in relief when I saw Marley still in her pajamas asleep on the couch opposite of me. She was snoring so loud exactly like Michael. I loved seeing her sleeping all peacefully but, I had to wake her. I had to go to work and take her to my parents' house. "Marley Bug, wake up. Come on." I whispered nudging her slightly. She rolled over and yawned looking up at me. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Morning, or should I say afternoon?" I laughed, she's always joking around like that.

"Good morning, girlie" I said.

I helped her pick out her outfit which was a yellow dress with white daisies on it. "Ready to go see Nana and Granddad?" Her face lit up as soon as I said the two names. "Yes!" I laughed as she dragged me through the house to the door. "Just a minute let's get our shoes on." I told her. "Ugh, fine" She fake pouted. I got my sandals as she got hers. It took her about thirty seconds to get her shoes on and I helped her stand up from where she was putting her shoes on. "Thanks, momma!" I smiled, "No problem. Let's go".

-

"Bye, Marley. See you in a bit! Love you!" I said as I exited my parents' home. I drove off and turned the radio up. My phone started to ring about 5 minutes into my drive. "Unknown number" shows up on my screen. "Uh, hello?" I answer is question form. "Makenna, is that you?" I furrow my eyebrows but proceed with the call anyway. "Uh, yeah. Who is this?" There's a short but, comfortable silence. "Its me, Michael..." I'm taken aback by these words. "Michael? Have you been crying? Are you alright?" I ask, a little concerned. "Yeah, I have and no I'm not okay. Can we see each other today? Please?" I'm a little shocked by his question but accept anyway. "Yeah, I just have to stop by and get Mar-" I stop before I spill anything. "More shampoo after work. So, two hours? Oh, and I'm babysitting for my sister too." He doesn't talk for a few seconds. "Yeah, that's fine. See you then." "Okay, bye."

-

I hear the doorbell ring and Marley runs to the door to answer it. "Hi!" She says to Michael sticking her hand out for him to shake. "Hi, I'm Michael." He shakes her hand as well. I laugh and just stare at Marley and Michael. I want to tell him so bad. They would be best friends and she would be a daddy's girl for sure. She looks just like him and hopefully, he doesn't notice. I'm not ready to tell him at all. "Hey, Mike." He smiles, "Hey Makenna." I go to hug him but it ends in one of those awkward high five things. "How have you been?" He asks. "I've been fine. A little upset but I'm okay." He furrows his eyebrows and turns his head. "Upset?" I nod, "Yeah, missing you. A lot." He nods with his head hanging low. "Yeah, that's kind of why I came over here." I rub my eyes and groan, "Michael, I love you still but we can't just jump into this. We have to take it slow." He clasps his hands together, "Yeah, I'm aware. Can I see you again soon?" I nod and smile, probably blushing, "Yeah, I'll text you when I'm free." He smiles, "I've missed making you blush." He winked at me and walked to the door. "Bye, Makenna. Bye, Marley." I smile, "Bye, Michael."

-

I get ready for bed and tuck Marley in. I think to myself about my near future with Michael.

In a short amount of time, I could be with Michael. I could have a family and Marley could have her daddy. Michael would know about his baby girl and we would all be happy. If this happens, it better be good. Michael better be good to me. I know where he lives. Haha, joking. But, seriously, I want him to treat me right and make things right between us. We can live like we want in our little fairy-tale world. Have more kids. He is an amazing guy but sometimes, he makes stupid decisions. The biggest stupid decision that he made was leaving me without giving me a chance to tell him. Maybe if I would have told him, he would be here in this bed with me. We would get up in the morning and eat breakfast like a family and do all kinds of family things. Its hard to think about but hopefully, it will happen someday. I just want the three of us. Michael, Makenna, & Marley. That's all we need. We need to be together and happy.

A/N: So, sorry I took so long to update and this is crappy but, yeah. Ily all and please vote (: