Chapter 4

Chapter status: edited

+

* 1 week later * 

"Hey, babe." I said in my tired voice, answering Michael. I had just woke up and Michael called me 20 times in the last hour. "Hi, love. Did you finally wake up?" Michael laughs. I scoff, "Yes, thank you."  "You're welcome, babe." he says in the cockiest tone ever. "I'm coming over in 10 minutes. Get ready." he says after a long silence. "Okay. Love you, bye." "Love you too, bye." I get up to get ready and Marley greets me at my bedroom door. I forgot to tell Michael. Oh well, he'll be okay with it. He loves her and after all she is his daughter...that he doesn't know about. I honestly have no clue why I'm not telling him. Maybe its because I don't know how to tell him. Maybe I'm scared of him bailing on us. I don't know but one thing that I do know is that I have to tell him soon. 

-

"Hi, baby." Michael says. "Hi, babe. I, uh, forgot to tell you that I have Marley again. I hope that's fine." He looks at me and smiles saying, "Yes of course it is. We can go out for ice cream." I smiled. "Thanks. Um, let me go get her up so she can get dressed and we'll be ready. He smiles, "Okay." I think today is the day that I tell him. I'm not 100% sure yet though. "Marley, hun. Get up. We're going out for ice cream with Daddy". I whisper "daddy" because I don't want Michael to hear me. She jumps out of bed and goes to her closet. She picks out her favorite dress with daisies on it and grabbing a pair of leggings and shoes to match. I'm getting really nervous at the moment while I wait for Marley to get dressed. I have this feeling of telling him but I'm just too nervous to actually do it. "Okay, go get your brush and pick your favourite hair tie and bow." I tell Marley. Michael and I would be the best parent duo for Marley. Seeing him with her already just gives me butterflies. "Here, Mum!" She smiles at me looking identical to Michael. We walk in the living room and sit on the floor next to the couch where Michael is. "Hi, Marley." Michael smiles at her. "Hi!" she exclaims. I finish tying her hair up and clipping her bow in after a minute. "Ready to go?" I nod. He helps me up and I grab Marley's hand as we exit the door. 

-

"Uh, one chocolate and two cookies and cream." I smiled as Michael put our order in at the ice cream shop. We used to go here all the time and we would both get cookies and cream as it was both our favourites. We sat there in a comfortable silence eating our ice cream for a few minutes until Marley spoke up. "Thanks for the ice cream!" She had finished her small cup of ice cream and gave Michael a hug standing on the bench just to wrap her arms around his neck. "Um, c-can you watch her for a second. I need to go to the restroom." He nodded and I scooted out of the booth. I walked rather quickly to the restroom and cried. Seeing that, broke me. I have to tell him. Now. Today is the day but, I need advice from his best friend, Ashton. I quickly dialed his number and got an answer after two rings. "Hello?" "Hey, Ashton, it's Makenna. Can I um trust you with something very secret?" There was a small silence. "Yeah, of course." I smiled at his sincerity.

"Okay, well here's the thing, Michael is a dad."

"WHAT?! Are you serious?" His voice picked up a little.

"Yes, Ashton. Very serious. But, here's the thing, he obviously doesn't know and I need to tell him today and I don't know how so I called you because I figured you could help since he is your best friend."

Ashton sighed, "Just tell him. Take him on a walk and tell him slowly but surely. He'll take it a little weirdly but it will all be okay. I promise."

"Thank you, Ash."

I walked back out of the bathroom wiping my tears as I hung up. "Michael, I need to talk to you. Alone. So, I figured we can take Marley to my parents house and go back to my house or something and talk?" He looked up at me as I sat back down, "Yeah, of course." Marley came around to me,"I have to go to Nan and Grandad's again?" "Yeah, I'm sorry. I have to talk to Michael, okay? I'll be back as soon as possible". She nodded her head before grabbing my hand and jumping out of the booth with my hand as support. "Let's go?" Michael asked and I smiled, nodding.

-

"Thanks for watching her, Mum. I'm telling him today." She smiled, "Good. Love you. Good luck." I smiled and turned back to Michael's car. "My house or yours?" he asked. "You pick." He drove off and the car ride was silent giving me time to think. I'm getting so nervous. I twiddle my thumbs and Michael looks and grabs one of my hands intertwining our fingers. I smile, "I've missed this a lot. 5 years". "I know. I've missed it so much", Michael reiterates and kisses my knuckles. We turn into the driveway of Michael's house and he turns the car off, getting out to open my door for me. "You still live here?" He nods, "Yep. I can't pull myself to leave." We walk in his house with locked fingers and he leads me to his room. We lay on his bed facing one another and I start to talk. "Michael, I've been meaning to tell you this and I don't know how you're going to take it". He looked at me giving me a sign to continue on. "Michael, the last thing I want is for you to get mad or leave." "I won't, I promise." I smile, "Marley isn't my niece. She's my daughter...and yours." I look down at his hands. "I know." My head immediately shot up. "What?! How?" He laughed, "Makenna, I can tell. She has my eyes, my nose and my natural hair color." This feeling shoots through my body I don't know if it's guilt or my nerves. I can't stand this feeling  whatever it is. "Y-you're not mad?" I stutter. "Mad? No. Upset? Yes. Why didn't you tell me?"  I look down at my feet then back up at Michael, "Because you were about to go on tour when I found out and I wanted to wait until you got home to tell you because I wanted you to live your dream. I knew you, you would have stayed with me. It was my turn to do you a favor." I wipe away a tear. "Makenna, I love you and Marley, but I would have liked to have known about my daughter 5 years ago" I have no idea what to say. I grab his waist and rested my head on his shoulder, "I am so sorry, Michael. I need you in my life. I just don't want you to leave us." He took my head in his hands, "Kenna, I won't. I promise. I don't want our little girl to be without her daddy. It's Me, You, and Marley." 

A/N: Sorry, this is so short. Ily all though. Thanks for reading and please vote :)