Chapter 13

Three months later

+

"Hi, Matthew!" I say in joy as I help the four-month-old balance on my knees, bouncing him slightly. The girls are at school and Michael is with the boys. It's been so long since they've seen each other and they wanted to spend time together. I decided to clean the entire house today, since it's been pretty much a wreck lately. I don't mind that much though. A messy house with kids, is a fun house with kids. My phone rings, suddenly playing Michael's ringtone. I answer, "Hey! What's up?", I ask. He doesn't answer me for a second and all I hear is, yelling, banter and laughter. "Michael?" I say, confused. "Oh! I might be out a bit later than planned. We might be recording a secret album", he somewhat yells. "Secr-" I was cut off by three beeps signalling that Michael had hung up. I huff as I receive a text from him. 

Michael: sorry, babe. it's too loud in there. what I was saying, was that we might be recording a secret album for the fans since it's been like 5 years since we made one lol. we've recorded some songs already, so why not finish the album, ya kno?

Makenna: alright, love. I better be one of the firsts to hear it. can me & Matthew come watch? I'm sure the guys would love to see him, plus we're boreddd lmao

Michael: of course. the address is 1241 Sunnyside Ave. let me know when you're here, I'll come out and meet you. it's at Feldy's house bc people would know if we were at a studio

Makenna: be there in a fewww i love youuu

Michael: i love you mroe

Michael: *more

Makenna: ur a dork

I put my shoes on and get Matthew dressed a bit more than he is. I grab my purse, keys and sunnies before walking out the door and locking it behind me.  The drive is no more than fifteen minutes. Michael is already outside waiting for me when I get there. "Hey! I missed you!", I exclaim. "Where's Matthew!" He asks, excitedly. I point to the back and let him grab the car seat. "Hey, bud! What's up little man?" He baby talks to Matthew. I walk in and see Ashton and Calum sprawled out on the floor. "Why is writing so damn difficult?!" Calum yells. I laugh, "Nice to see you, too". They jump up and hug me. "Makenna!" they yell in unison. "Where's Luke?" I ask. "Who knows?" They all say together. After the hellos everyone is huddled around Matthew. "You can take him out of his seat, you know?" I laugh and Ashton gently removes him from his seat cradling him. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I say, practically talking to myself. I walk down the dim, empty all and look for the bathroom, bumping into a tall figure. "Luke!" I exclaim. He laughs, "Sorry about that". I shake him off and enter the bathroom. Once I've finished washing my hands, I turn the light off and exit the bathroom. I'm startled as I see Luke still standing there. 

"Luke, why were you waiting outside the door?" I ask, laughing slightly. He turns around so my back is pressed to the wall and he's facing me. He inches closer to my face and kisses me. I gasp and try to get away from him, but he stops me. "I-I've wanted to do that for so long. Oh my god", he stutters. I'm in complete and utter shock. "Luke, what the hell? I'm with Michael", I whisper-shout. He nods, "I know. But, I'm in love with you". I shake my head, "Well, sorry Luke, but I'm in love with Michael". I start to walk away angrily and he grabs my wrist to stop me. I turn around and face him, "What?", I ask bluntly. He exhales, "You can't tell anyone". I nod and yank my arm away from him. My mood has been ruined. I walk in the living room and sit on the couch next to Michael. I don't say a word I only text my sister. "What's wrong?" Michael whispers. "Nothing" I mutter. He sighs and gets up with Matthew going to the kitchen to give him a bottle.

-

-

-

-

-

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! :/ I've been going through a lot with school! But, ummmm 25 votes for the next chapter? Ily allll!