Chapter 1

Chapter status: edited

+

Today is just like any other day, the sun beats through my window and my alarm goes off. Well, my alarm isn't really an alarm. My alarm is my daughter, Marley. Marley is five years old today. She is my sunshine and my world. One thing you don't know is, she's Michael Clifford's daughter. Michael and I dated for 2 and a half years. He was my everything and I was his everything. We were best friends. After he went on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer, things went down hill. I knew I was pregnant but I didn't want to tell him until he got home from tour. I knew if I'd told him, he wouldn't go. Like I said, I was his everything. He would do anything for me and now it was my turn. To let him fulfill his dream and go on tour with his three best mates. He wouldn't have been gone long so I'd tell him when he got back. I would facetime, text, & call him 24/7. Well, when he wasn't on stage that is. When he was on stage I'd facetime Helene, their vocal coach. She's so lovely we'd became close even though we only factime. I told her about the pregnancy and she never told Michael. Throughout the tour, I'd see pictures of Michael with girls and I'd just figured that they were fans. But then, I saw him holding hands with Camila Cabello from Fifth Harmony. That's when I broke. He did the whole 'I'm sorry, baby.' 'I love you, not her.' 'I'll never hurt you again.' I'd belived him too. I forgave him and loved him like I never stopped. I talked to him all the time just like before and talked till I couldn't anymore. Until, it happened again. I broke once again. My doctor said it wasn't healthy for the baby to be in moods like this. I had no choice but to end everything. After that, we never talked at all. I unfollowed everything that had to do with him so I didn't risk getting hurt again. We still don't talk and honestly, I don't know if we ever will.

"Good morning, MarBug!" I say in a joyful voice as my beautiful daughter greets me in my bed room. Marley is my ultimate best friend. She's quite the funny spirit, as well. If I didn't have her in my life, I would be lost. "Morning, Mommy!" she yells and runs in to my arms. "Can we go make breakfast now, please?" she asks politely, like I've taught her. I smile, "Of course, doll". Walking into the kitchen, I turn the TV on and to the news channel. "Aussie band 5 Seconds of Summer to tour with biggest British boyband, One Direction! We'll have an interview with Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin for you after this!" . I choked on a piece of pancake after I heard that. I quickly turned off the TV and sat at the table lightly crying. Marley eats her pancakes little by little and soon finishes, washing her plate off and putting it away."Mar, I'm going to take a nap for a bit. You should take one, too. You've had a tough week after what happened to Jazzie. Okay? You can lay in my room if you'd like". Jazzie was Marley's puppy that passed away from unknown causes. We came home from school one day and found her laying in her bed, peacefully. She nods her head and follows me up the stairs to my bedroom.

-

I walk outside and pull my phone out. My background is Michael. Marley picked it out, she says she wants to see daddy when she's on my phone. I agree because I never want to let her down. She completes me. I look at Michael's picture for a while then, I unlock my phone and scrill through my contact and find 'Mikey <3'. I never deleted his number. I can't cope without his number in my phone. I hesitate for five minutes before pressing the call button. "Uh, hello?" He answers. I don't speak. This is the first I've heard his voice in a while. "Who is this?". Somehow, I manage to choke out the word, "Makenna.." I quietly trail off. "Makenna?! Why are you calling me? Are you okay?" I start to sob. I can't take his voice. "I'm f-fine. I just...I just miss you. A lot..". I hear him sigh. "I'll be over soon." I start to panic and then think, its time that he knows and Marley needs her daddy. "Thank you. I need to introduce you to someone anyway..." The line is silent then he says, "Okay, see you soon.", and the line goes dead.

I got Marley up and she gets dressed in a cute dress and flats. Her hair is braided and sitting on one shoulder. I painted her nails an aqua blue just like mine. She looks very fashionable. Not like she never does but, whatever. Shortly after listening to music and dancing with Marley, I hear three knocks on the front door. Marley walks to it and she opens it after a few seconds. I'm greeted by Michael. "Hey, Makenna." He smiles. "Hi..." I let him in. "Who's this?" He asks. "She's my sisters daughter, Marley." I smile. I can't tell him yet. I'm not ready. I love him still but, I don't know how to tell him. I think its best. "Hi, there." He says to the five-year-old. "Hi." She replies shyly. I told Marley not to call him 'daddy' because it might confuse him. She listens well so I think we're safe. I still have to think if I want to tell him or not. But, for now, Marley is my little secret.