Unfortunate Misfortune

My heart has officaly dropped down deep into my chest.

This is unreal.

I don't think anyone is really prepared to hear that they have Cancer. It's like a wake up call for your life. Like, hey you only have a few months left to live...just thought you should known.

Dr.Covey has already suggested chemotherapy and I've agreed. I just don't want to start it until I tell Cam wich he understood.

I don't know how I'm going to tell Cameron. He doesn't take things like this well, and after loosing his Grandpa to cancer a few years back it make it worse.

I studied my face in the infinity mirror and realized just how gaunt and sick I looked. Dark bags rested underneath my eyes followed by my paler then usual complexion. My weight has obviously decreased over this last month there's no hiding it.
My cheekbones are more noticeable and my hair looks normal but it doesn't fit me anymore.

I made my way through the LA traffic and safely home wich was always a big accomplishment. My heart began pounding faster with just knowing I would have to tell Sammy. I wasn't ready,but I didn't have a choice.

Sammy was sitting on the couch in the living room most likely scrolling through Twitter, but looked up to me immedently.

(A/n this is obviously before he went to Cameron's)

Sammy's p.o.v

Just by the look on her face I knew whatever she was about to tell me wasn't good news.

"So, uh....what did they say?" I asked, only to increase my heart rate. She pursed her lips and let out a shakey breath. Tears fell from her eyes and slid down her cheeks like a waterfall. Sniffle after sniffle the words fell out of her mouth like a horrific melody.

"I-I um......Samuel, I have Cancer."

It was almost on instant that my heart just stopped.

Everything just stopped.

I never thought the day would come when I would have to prepare myself of losing her. Tears erupted my eyes and the more that fell the harder it became to breathe.

"I-is it treatable. Can they stop it before it gets out of control." I asked frantically but she just stood there within endless tears rushing down her face causing mascara stains.

" He recommended chemotherapy but I told him I wanted to wait until I told Cameron." That struck me and I began to wonder why she would want to put it off until she told Cameron. Why wouldn't she want to start it right away? Maybe get rid of it faster. The way her mind work has always amazed me but deep down I can understand why she wanted to wait.

After all it was Cameron she loved.

" So when are you going to tell Cam?" I asked her getting a shrug as a result.

" Don't shrug at me P! This is serious! You can't just wait a couple of weeks this has to start now in order for you to get better. I know he doesn't want to lose you. I don't want to lose you. And most of all Dakota doesn't want to lose you."
I think my words her were sent to het heart because her crying increased even more. I may have been a little harsh but if its what it takes for her to tell him immediately then I guess I had to do it.

"Can you please go get Dakota I- I can't see Cameron right now. I'm not ready. I'll tell him tomorrow  though I swear." She asked me frantically and I couldn't say no. Walking towards the door I grab for my keys off of the rack and turned to face her one more time.

" I love you Paisley." I said and the sad girl sniffles one more time.

"I love you too Samuel." And with that, I was gone.

Authors note

Hey everybody!

So how do you feel about Paisley having cancer?

How do you think Cameron's going to react?

Comment below!

And Sadly I think this book is going to come to an end soon but there might be a short book on Dakota growing up!

Do you guys want a mini sequel??

Love,
Ashley Dallas