Five

EDITED: December 2020

Saturday afternoon was spent just hanging out with Aimee and the guys, and then on Sunday, I chose to just chill at home.

It was probably just past one when I finally decided to get out of bed and go source something to eat.

"Afternoon, Ella Bella," Our housekeeper, Mrs Jameson said to me as I entered the kitchen.

"Hey," I smiled at her, grabbing my cereal out of the cabinet.

"Fucking Kendall," I muttered to myself, realising that there wasn't even enough to fill up half a bowl.

See, that's the issue with siblings. They eat what's yours, and then you can't do shit about it because all they want to do is fight back.

Eventually, I just decided on heating up 3 toaster waffles and drowning them in maple syrup.

Sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket, I watched an episode of The Good Place. The girl crush I have on Jameela Jamil is unmatched I swear.

"Hi, piccolo topo," My mom's voice said as she walked into the living room.

That nickname. I was tiny when I was born, barely weighing more than 4 pounds, that's why my mom gave me that nickname. I never grew out of it.

"Oh, hi," I mumbled, not even looking at her.

My mother, Maria, is a forty six year old Italian woman whom I take after greatly. She donnes the same highlighted brunette hair like me and I inherited my grey eyes from her. She's a super busy corporate lawyer and senior partner at a super established and famous law firm. That's why Kendall and I barely ever see her cause she's so busy most of the time.

"How've you been lately? Haven't seen you in a while," She said, sitting down next to me. And whose fault is that, ma'am?

"I've been fine," I said, still focusing my attention on the TV and not on her. I don't want to look at her because when I do I still see the woman who loved and adored my father, not the woman who barely speaks to him anymore unless it's about Kendall and I or about their divorce through their lawyers.

Ever since my parents told Kendall and me that they were getting divorced, I've been distant from both of them. I mean, no lie, but I'm pissed with them. I really don't understand how after twenty three years of marriage they could just suddenly decided they didn't love each other anymore and wanted to get divorced.

"Topa, I know you and tua sorella are still mad at your father and I, but baby, it's for the best," She said gently.

"Mama, you and daddy are adults, and you make your own decisions," I said dismissively.

"Gabriella, I -" She began to say, but I cut her off.

"You know mama, I just realised that I have homework to finish," I lied, trying to avoid conversation. And I hate it when she calls me by my full name.

"But I -" She began to say again, but luckily Mrs Jameson intervened saying that mom had a phone call from her office to take. "We'll finish this conversation later," She said, before leaving the room.

"Or never," I muttered, switching the TV off and then heading up to my room.

Walking into my bathroom, I decided to fill my bathtub with water and bubbles so that I could take a relaxing bath. And luckily for me, I had a TV in my bathroom. Don't ask me why. I just wanted one.

Stripping out of my pyjamas, I tied my hair into a high bun before soaking my body in the heated water.

Deciding that I felt like this would be the perfect time to take a selfie, I positioned my phone against the wall and set the timer and then took the picture, my hands holding the soapy bubbles and a smile gracing my face.