Twenty One

EDITED: December 2020

"Yo, Ben! Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend!" Theo snapped as he walked towards us.

Am I hallucinating?

"Okay, what's going on?" I blurted out.

Theo sighed. "Ella, this is my brother, Ben. Ben, this is Ella, my girlfriend."

Wait, he has a twin brother? What? Why didn't I know? Why didn't he tell me? What?

"Wow. You actually exist. I thought the bastard was lying," This Ben guy laughed.

"Obnoxious asshole," Theo muttered, leading me inside and then upstairs to his room.

"Okay, you have a twin brother?!" I hissed at him.

"Uh, yeah," He nodded sheepishly.

"And you were planning to tell me this when?" I demanded.

"We weren't expecting him today. He was only supposed to be here next week," He said.

"Well where was he?" I questioned.

"He goes to school in New England. Saint Ambrose," He told me. Saint Ambrose is a super elite school for boys in Massachusetts. 

"You have a twin brother. Unbelievable," I muttered to myself, sitting down on his window seat.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," He mumbled as he sat down next to me and then kissed my forehead. "It's just that...Ben and I don't get along very well."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Just...typical sibling rivalry," He said.

"Oh, okay," I mumbled but didn't believe him, and then felt his lips against mine.

"Theo! Ella! Dinner's ready!" We heard his mom call from downstairs, causing him to groan.

"We'll finish this later," He mumbled, kissing me again and then we headed downstairs.

Walking through the living room, we saw Ben with Athena on his lap while she was showing him some sort of book. In some ways, he reminded me of Theo. Maybe he wasn't an obnoxious asshole like Theo had muttered, but maybe he was a family guy. Looks can be deceiving.

"Ella!" Athena shrieked, jumping off Ben's lap and running towards me. I always wonder why she seems so excited to see me.

"Hey," I grinned at her, bending down to hug her and then picked her up.

"Guess what," She said, rolling her navy blue eyes. "Both Theo and Benny don't know how to do a fishtail braid. What's wrong with my brothers? Why did I get cursed with the most unfewinine brothers in the whole world? I don't understand what I did to deserve this!" She huffed dramatically, throwing her hands in the air.

Man, this child is going to be a great drama student one day.

"Well excuse me for not being your dream brother," Theo and Ben muttered in unison, and then looked at each other with glares which caused both Athena and I to laugh a little.

"I told you she was pretty," Natalia's voice said as she walked into the living room with a tall dark haired man.

"Oh, um, dad," Theo mumbled. "Uh, this is my girlfriend, Ella."

"Finally I get to meet the girl that my family can't stop talking about!" The man grinned at me as he shook my hand.

"Uh, nice to meet you, Mr Parker," I said as I politely shook his hand and then put Athena down.