Thirteen

EDITED: December 2020

The next afternoon my mind was reeling as I lay in bed thinking about last night's events. Theo and I pretty much made out for the remainder of the evening and I've also been left with several dark purple and red marks on my neck, courtesy of none other than Theo.

This afternoon when I woke up, I had several calls and texts from Aimee who had seen Theo and I last night and wanted details.

"You and theo last night! Guuurrl!"

"Call me now! We have to talk about this!"

"Ella! Wake tf up and call me!"

Those were just some of the messages she had sent.

"It's one thirty. Why are you awake? You got home way after your curfew last night. Mama knows by the way," Kendall's voice asked as she walked into my room still wearing pyjama's and carrying two plates of whatever food. She's only questioning this because I never wake up before ten on a Saturday morning.

"I don't care," I mumbled about the curfew thing as she climbed into the other side of my bed and handed me one of the plates with a waffle on it. "I'm just thinking."

"About whoever gave you those hickies?" She asked with a small smirk.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"So who was it?" She questioned.

"Theo," I muttered.

"Theo as in hot Mr tutor guy?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well damn. I thought he was just your tutor," She smirked.

"He is. There's nothing going on between us," I told her.

"So the hickies...?"

"We made out last night," I said.

"Woah, okay. What and why?"

"Like, we were just dancing and stuff and next thing I knew, I kissed him," I explained.

"He a good kisser?" She asked, and then ate a piece of her waffle.

"The very best," I admitted.

"So like, you like him or what?" She asked.

"No..."

She dead-eyed me, clearly seeing that I was lying.

"Kenny, I don't even know how I feel right now," I sighed, putting my plate on my bedside table.

"Alright, what's going on? Why do you seem so heavy about it all?" She asked knowingly.

"It's all just really complicated," I said.

"Ella, I'm your big sister, and if there's anyone that know's you well enough to give you the best advice, it's me," She said, her grey eyes looking into mine with a look that I was going to give in to. As much of a pain in the ass my sister is, I can always trust her for the best advice when I really need it.

"Okay well, there's this dare thing..."

I then began to explain to her all about the dare and how I think I might be developing feelings for Theo but I probably won't be able to do anything about it.

"Okay, Ella, first of all, I wouldn't be surprised if Theo likes your because as much as I hate to say this, you're super hot in your own weird little sister way. And secondly, why don't you just not do it? Explain to Aimee and the guys that you're just not capable of breaking someone's heart."

"Like I haven't tried that," I scoffed. "But if I don't do it, I loose my friends. As simple as that."

"El, if they're really your friends, they would understand, and if they don't, then you know where you stand," She said.

"But Aimee's been my best friends since I was ten, and Joey, well he's like our brother and Liam and Spencer have been with me since eighth grade. I can't just leave them..."

"What's more important? Embarking on something that could potentially be great for your future or pleasing your friends?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You're right," I sighed, laying my head on her shoulder.

"Ella, I know you're gonna make the right choice in the end," She said, kissing my forehead.

Kendall, I really hope you're right. Not just for my sake, but for Theo's as well...