Twenty Four

EDITED: December 2020

Two weeks later, I was ready to pull my hair out. School has been a total pain in the ass. I mean, every fucking day in every lesson teachers are lecturing us about finals and how we need to study our asses off. I have been studying like crazy these past few weeks. I mean, if I'm not with Theo then I'm studying. 

As I walked out of my first period French class, I was about to walk down the hallway to history when I saw a slightly disturbing sight. 

Theo stood by a row of lockers with Aimee and Liam and looked to be having an intense conversation. 

I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about the conversation. I mean, its Aimee and Liam talking to him. I doubt it's going to be good. 

"Miss Slater, I suggest you get to class before the tardy bell rings," Mr Nelson, my accounting teacher from last year said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh, um, yeah. Sorry sir," I said, before giving one last glance over at Theo, Aimee and Liam before turning around and walking in the direction of my history class. 

Throughout history, I wasn't even listening to the last minute details we had to know for our finals. All I could think about was that conversation that happened between my boyfriend and my friends. What were they talking about?

My nerves began to become tenser in third period when Theo didn't show up for art. Where is he? He's never late to class. In the end, he didn't show up for the lesson. 

When lunch came around, I couldn't find Theo or Indigo or any of the boys in the cafeteria, and I wasn't in the mood to sit with Aimee, so I just went around to all my classes and checked with my teachers that I had been studying the right things for my finals. That took almost all of lunch because Mrs Rivers, my art teacher, can talk up a storm. After going by the cafeteria to grab an apple, I saw that Theo still wasn't there. Where the hell is he?

Standing outside my drama class, I pulled out my phone and sent him a text. 

Me: Hey, where are you? x

When the bell went, signalling the end of lunch, he still hadn't replied to my message. Where is he? What the hell is going on?

Walking into drama to my usual seat, I was deep in thought until Indigo came up to me. 

"Oh, hey. Where were -" I began to ask her, but her blue eyes were blazing with anger which scared me just a little because I had never seen her with that look in her eyes before. 

"Ella, did I not ask you to do me a favour and not break Theo's heart?!" She snapped. 

"Indigo, what are you -"

"He loves you so much, Ella! Why did you lead him on like that if you didn't feel the same way?! Was it just to get a laugh out of it? You and your friends are disgustingly twisted!" She hissed. 

I was about to speak when she stopped me. 

"Do you know that you're the first girl he's fallen for since that tramp, Natalie broke his heart? For so many nights he told me that he was to afraid to make a move on you because he didn't want to get his heart broken again, but he took a chance. He took a chance on you, and look where that got him!"

"Indi, it was supposed to turn out this way," I said, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. "I do love Theo!"

"Say that again. I dare you," She spat before walking away and sitting in a seat next to some other girl. 

Catching Aimee's eye as she walked into the classroom, she shot me a smirk before sitting down at a different desk. 

She told him. She told him everything.