Eleven

EDITED: December 2020

This weekend, I was super excited because Theo and I were going horseback riding, an activity that I've loved to do since I was four. Kendall and I used to do this all the time when we were younger. She doesn't take to it anymore though.

"So you've never been riding before?" I asked Theo as I drove to where the sables were located.

"Nope. Never," He shook his head.

"Well, then you're lucky you have an expert with you," I grinned at him, turning onto the gravel path that led up to Brightstar Stables.

"How long have you been riding for?" He asked.

"Since I was four," I told him.

When we had arrived at the stable, I introduced him to Mrs Jeffery, the owner before heading to the stable where mine and Kendall's horses were. Like, we own them, but they stay here, you know.

"This is Mr Bubbles and that's Phillip," I introduced him to the horses.

"Mr Bubbles?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I was four when I named him!" I defended.

"I can see it already. Four-year-old little Ella deciding to name her horse Mr Bubbles because back then bubbles were all things cute," He teased.

"You're mean," I pouted and then laughed a little as I wrapped my camera connected to a lanyard around my neck.

After tacking up the horses, we headed out.

"Look at you. Not so bad for a first timer," I giggled as I held up my camera and snapped a picture of him.

"Ella, I hate to notify you of this, but I'm really not photogenic," He said with a laugh.

"That's why there are these wonderful things called filters," I chuckled as I took another picture.

As we rode, we spoke about everything and anything, from music all the way back to books. When we had arrived at the small dam where the large oak tree was.

While letting the horses drink out of the river, Theo and I sat underneath the tree just talking or taking pictures.

"You know uh, Athena's been asking about you," He told me. "She's always wondering when you're coming over again."

"I'm surprised she even remembers me," I said with a small laugh.

"Oh yeah. The pretty girl with the -what was it again -the fishtail braid? Oh yeah. She remembers you," He said with a chuckle.

As Theo and I continued to talk, I couldn't help but find myself getting lost in his beautiful dark blue eyes.

After being down by the lake for another hour and a half, we headed back up to the stables to put Phillip and Mr Bubbles away.

"Well this was definitely a day well spent," He grinned at me as we walked back to my car.

"Who says the day is over?" I asked with a small teasing smile.

"Oh, it's not?" He enquired.

"Nope. We're going to the mall," I announced.

"The mall?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yup," I nodded.

"Uh, why, if I may question?"

"Yes, you may," I giggled. "But if you must know, because since you're helping me with math, I should help you with something, and don't take this as an insult, but I'm going to help you with your wardrobe," I told him.