4. The Boy with the FRIENDS--I'll Be There For YOUUU

In front of the school, Paris and Ryland and another boy draped their tall, lanky bodies over the staircase. Paris sat on the railing, legs swinging as Ryland leaned on it, elbows back with a moody glare. The other boy laid over the stairs, arms spread out with a toothpick between his lips and a pen spinning in his hand.

Student traffic went around them without a glance, no one paying attention to the boys on the floor.

"I can't believe I'm back here," Delilah grumbled, trying to catch up with the quick blonde in front of her.

The ends of HB's shredded jeans dragged up the stairs. The boys lifted their heads at sudden, blonde blur and were startled by her snappy voice.

"Alright whores, this is Delilah and she is going to hang with us. If you object, I will fucking shave your eyebrows off," HB snapped.

The guy on the steps stopped spinning his pen. Silence spread across the group.

"Fan-fucking-tastic," HB said and shoved her textbooks for Paris to carry. He almost dropped them, but still managed to give her a loving smile. "Let's having a horrible depressing day where I want to kill myself every hour," she stated.

"Your passion for school grows my love for you," Paris told her.

"No way." Ryland crossed his arms over his chest and jerked his head to Delilah. "She is not hanging with us. She's fucking insane!"

"And I'm not?" HB defended.

"She said she's the Devil and she's carrying my child!" he defended.

The guy on the stairs lowly gave off that 'coo-coo' whistle, and choked up when Paris kicked his side.

HB didn't even break a smile. "You need to chill, Ryland. Her culture is kinda weird. So what? Paris eats dog food."

"Her culture is satanic," Ryland said.

"So?"

"Just no!"

"Suck it up. She's staying. Don't be one of those assholes who discriminate people because of first impressions. There's more to her than meets the eye."

"Don't give me that pity bullshit."

But he stayed silent, arms crossing tighter now. HB's smug smile already sealed his defeat this time.

"Cool. You're crazy. So am I!" the guy on the stairs chirped. He flipped the mop of brown hair out of his eyes and smiled. "My mates call me Brody. Welcome to the group."

"Oh, I'm not playing to stay for long," Delilah simply said.

The silence returned and HB casually spoke, "She's weird. Okay. Now how about that class?"

Delilah, refusing to wear a backpack and carried a purse instead, glared hard at the school.

The guys slowly peeled themselves off the staircase, backpacks tiny on their long torsos. Brody cracked his back, shorter than Delilah pictured him to be and he stretched his arms out. "Day two of hell."

Delilah scoffed and circled the school with a finger. "Hell is nothing like this whorehouse."

HB snorted and Paris stifled a laugh.

Then Delilah's eyes lit up, a familiar, baggy clothed dork shuffling his way over. "You actually got out of bed?" she asked.

Melon Head tucked his baseball cap on even tighter and removed the joint from his lips. "Fuck yeah. Who doesn't like learning shit?"