10. The Boy with the Revealing Secret

"Now you're probably all wondering why I brought you here," Paris said.

"Put the fucking cat down," HB spoke, pausing before she continued biting her nails.

As if the cat heard, it leaped out of his arms with a "Meow."

"Where did it even come from?" asked Brody who watched it disappeared behind the couch.

"Can you just tell us why the hell you brought us here?" Ryland checked his phone for the third time that day and Delilah kept peeking looks of distress on his face.

Paris leaned forward, hands clasping together. "Okay—fine. Ruin the moment why don't you?"

Delilah sighed and kicked her feet up on the table. "What's the deal Paris?"

"I gathered us here for you," he stated.

Delilah frowned. "Me?" Her nose scrunched up a bit.

"Yes. We have all decided—"

"You mean you?" pointed out Ryland.

"—that we want to tell you what we've been up to," finished Paris.

Delilah scooted to the edge of the couch. "Okay."

Melon Head, who apparently didn't know what they were up too either, scooted to the edge of his seat and clasped his hands together.

"Alright," Melon Head stated. "If you claim yourselves to be the biggest cocaine dealers in North America or own the richest supply of gun powder and nuclear warfare, then I call it and you all owe me five bucks."

"Shut up, Melon Head," Delilah said, slapping him over the head with her hand.

He shrunk back with a twisted smile.

"We"—Paris cast his hand over the group—"make music."

Both Delilah and Melon Head blinked back. "So...that's it?" Delilah asked. "That's the big secret you've been hiding from me?"

Brody shoved his hands in his pockets. "Well, we were pretty insecure about the whole thing at first. We've only performed in front of our moms," he admitted.

Ryland shot him a glare. "What he means to say is that our band is very private to ourselves. I personally said we shouldn't tell you, but everyone else though otherwise."

Delilah blinked again. "Hold up. So you're part of a band?"

"Oh god. Here they come," Melon Head warned.

Curious heads turned towards him.

"Who?" Ryland questioned with a frown.

Melon Head inched them closer and they leaned in. He whispered, "The fangirls." The silence forced him to clarify. "You know, the 5 Seconds of Summer and 1D fangirls. They'll be all over you boys. They'll call you Daddy and write illegal fanfics about you and will demand to have your children."

Their brows raised and Melon Head sighed, backing into his seat. "Just you wait. Once you get famous, you'll know what I mean."

Delilah gestured toward the guitar in Ryland's hand. "So what's your band called?"

The boys averted their gaze to the ground, Paris nudging Ryland's elbow. "You tell her." He shook his head, plucking strings from his guitar.

HB rolled her eyes. "The call themselves the Teenage Dirtbags."

Delilah snorted. "You're shitting me. That's so fucking lame."

Melon Head rocked on the counter, humming to the classic 2000s song. "I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby..."

Delilah cocked her brow up. "Hm. Why Teenage Dirtbags?"

Ryland grew a slow, crooked smile. "Search it up."

Melon Head burped. "God. I hate it when people say that. Like, am I really gonna take the time to whip out my phone and search up the definition? No. Probably not."

"Because they're all a bunch of teenage dirtbags," HB answered, rolling her eyes.

Delilah drew her brows together. "I think that's the most stupidest name ever."

"Wow. We let you in on our biggest insecurity and then you pour truckloads of salt over it," Brody said.

"I knew we shouldn't have told her," Ryland stated. "And is anyone going to point out the fact she just used 'most stupidest'?"

"I mean, yeah—it's cool," Delilah lied. "But it doesn't really fit you guys. I mean, you all don't look like a bunch of teenage dirtbags to me. You all look..." She moved her gaze over the group of boys, taking a good look at Brody's beat up converses and Paris's unlaced shoes. Some had their tags sticking out and empty pockets were pulled out of their jeans. "You all look a little lost."

"So what? We're called the Lost Boys? How original," Ryland snorted.

What was his problem?

She narrowed her gaze, scowling at him before looking out to everyone else. "No. That's not what I mean. Like, change the name to something that suits you guys. I mean, Lost Boys could be a start. Again, this is going off of what I've seen when I look at you. A couple of senior high school boys who don't know their way through life and don't know where to go or where they want to go. Sometimes you guys are even alone." She glanced over to Ryland, but then carried her gaze over the group again. "You guys are always in the shadows of the school. You never participate in any extracurricular activities or go to school events or even take a dip in the social pool. You're always in the dark when everyone else is outside in the light."

"They like the darkness," HB said. "It's comfortable there."

"Why don't you calls yourselves that? Boys of the Dark?" Delilah glanced around the group, examining what their reactions were.

Paris shrugged. "Eh, it's okay."

"Whatever," Ryland grumbled.

"I don't really like it, but sure," Brody said.

A smile broke across Delilah's lips as the boys were actually using her input. "Sweet!"

"Wow, you should just be their manager," Melon Head joked. Her eyes lit up and his face wore a deadpan expression. "Kidding, Del. Kidding."

But she was at the very edge of her seat. "What kind of stuff do you sing?" Delilah asked.

Ryland lifted one shoulder up. "Nothing you should be interested in."

HB quirked her brow, the silence stretching after that.

Delilah searched for more out of everyone's faces but backs turned, people drifting off to their own things.

Paris began rambling on about how much he loved his lunch that his mom packed him, and Ryland already left.

Brody was just playing with the strings of his sweater and Melon Head already snuck in a joint as he blew out some sick vape tricks.

But as Delilah sat back, she couldn't help but think about their secret and Ryland's band.

What kind of music did they produce?

For seven sins, what did they sing about?

+++

A/N:

Short and sweet :)

So the boys are a band, huh? Who do you think is the singer? What instruments do you think they all play?

Please vote and comment!

Xx twister