17. The Boy with the viral music video

"Why are we doing this?" HB asked.

Paris hiked the camera bag over his shoulder and slid a smile over his shoulder. "Because every great brand has one."

"Or because you want to try out your new camera," she said.

He hiked it further up his shoulder. "Yeah. That too."

Ryland grabbed a branch and pushed it away, it smacking Delilah in the face behind him. "Fuck! Why is nature out to get me?"

"It hates you too," Ryland said. He turned his head towards her and saw her tongue sticking out.

A groan continued behind all of them. "I still don't get why we're starting the music video here," HB said. She kept waving her hand in an irritated motion, a faint buzzing sound always surrounding her.

"It's aesthetic here," Paris explained, putting his hand in a circular motion as if the air carried the rest of his explanation.

He was the one who thought it'd be fun to create their own music video and post it online, exposing the band.

"As long as no one jumps out of the tree and kills us, I'm okay," Lucan said, keeping a close distance to Brody.

"Who would want to kill a handsome man like you?" Paris shamelessly exclaimed. He led the front of the group with a smile, five frowns lagging behind him.

The early morning night spread across the ground, hiding their shoes with a sea of darkness. Sunlight peeked over the horizon, specks of light breaking through the leaves. "We're almost there!" Paris put a fist in the air and wobbled, Ryland catching his friend's arms.

They trudged through the thick greenery, the crunch of leaves filling the silent air.

Exhaustion began holding onto Delilah, holding her shoulders and then feet back. She pushed herself further, but refused to use that demon strength that she trained to remain hidden.

"We're gonna miss it!" Paris suddenly rushed forward and they were hardly able to keep up, running after the happy maniac. His camera bag bounced against his back, dodging under leaves and swatting back branches.

The panting joined the crunch of leaves as they nearly tripped to catch up, losing their friend past the trees.

Delilah broke through the green canopy and warmth washed over her face.

The sun, a big orange ball sat on the lake, beaming a honey glow that slowly crept over her shoes, up her pants, over her sweater and across her face before swallowing the rest of her friends behind her. The sun captured her words, unable to direct her attention away from the morning phenomenon. The orange lake sat under a sky streaming of cotton candy coloured clouds and purple pillows. It was something you'd see out of a movie.

It didn't take long for the rest of the gang to join her, all drawn to the warmth as well. Her body was lost in the beauty of the view, thoughts free and flowing with the small fall wind nipping at her cheeks.

There were a few soft clicks and Paris already had the camera set up, rolling the tape without them even noticing. The lenses captured their silhouettes and the side of their faces, their air whipping back and cheeks turning pink.

Delilah finally found her senses once she felt her cheek sit on a warm fabric and turned to inhale Ryland's scent, nose brushing against his scarf.

Instead of jumping back, she felt herself leaning into chest, back resting against his torso. She didn't know how it happened yet the warmth he gave off was eerily similar to the sun and heavenly sky.