7. The Boy with the Sand (box. Without the Two Kids)

Melon Head fired off his gun in all directions, knocking possessed humans between the eyes or in the throat.

Delilah shot a flame forward, it devouring a mailbox rather than the dodging human with canine teeth.

She threw another and caught a whiff of burning flesh. Orange and red swirls danced in her palm before blasting through heads and legs.

Sandman flew his hand up and a wall of black sand deflected her fire.

"C'mon, Sandy. You used to love playing rough," Delilah cooed at her ex-fiancée. The flames reflected in her twinkling eyes.

"I told you to never call me that," he gritted through his teeth.

She drew up two daggers from her hands, the hot blades glowing at the tip ends. She grabbed the handle and sliced forward.

Sandman bent back in time to miss a steaming dagger.

Delilah brought the blades down again and he ducked, swiping his foot across the ground. His heel nailed her ankle and she hit the floor, head smacking off the cement. Her eyes stared into his fist and she rolled over as chunks of cement broke under his hand.

"You're losing your groove, Sandy," Delilah sang.

She leaped to her feet and summoned the black magic from the Earth, growing a gust a wind and shot it towards him.

Sandman swept a wave of debris and threw it at her too as both energies collided and hurled them back.

Delilah's spine broke against the metal pole of a streetlight, and Sandman's body went straight through a brick building and down the next block.

"Bruises don't make me prettier, you know," she grumbled and spat out a chunk of cement.

She heard her bones collect and snap back, her spine jerking and swerving before it mended together.

She watched as Sandman staggered onto the street with a limp shoulder. Blood leaked down the side of his lips, a nasty gash on his cheek sewing shut.

"I forgot how much fun our fights were." Sandman let out a bitter laugh.

Delilah replied with a smile. "I sure as hell don't miss them." Flames ignited from her finger tips.

Sand erupted from the sewer lids beside him. "I guess I forgot how heated they could get."

Melon Head held back a snapping human jaw and shouted towards the couple. "You guys are killing it with the puns. Like, just rip each other's clothes off and have frustrated sex already."

A fireball whirled at his head and he screamed and fell to the ground. He peeked up, looking behind him at the burnt window. "Ha! You missed!"

"I did on purpose, dumbass," Delilah growled.

Sandman stomped one foot down and let out his own demonic screech.

Delilah roared a high pitch sound that shattered windows and sent a ripple through the street, blowing chunks out of the road.

They charged, running at each other with both strong powers dragging by their sides. Sandman shot his power forward. Instead of Delilah shooting hers straight against his, she pulled a hot dagger out of her palm, and before he could strike, she made a move. She slid to her knees, gliding underneath him and thrust the blade up, it projecting into a long sword that grew above her face as she dove; the sword slicing through flesh and bone between his legs. She came to a halt on the other side of Sandman. She spun around, getting to her feet and saw her ex-fiancée freeze on the spot.