16. The Boy with the MJ (Not Michael Jackson)

Mother Nature Jane—MJ's bare feet sat on top of the armrest of the couch, leaning back on the other end. "And your house?" Something flickered in her eyes. "Doesn't this belong to Ryland? Are you two back together?"

The blades in Delilah's hands heated.

MJ laughed.

"That's none of your goddamn business," Delilah snapped.

"Oh, sugar." The ex-fiancée pulled out a crystal (basically looked like a fucking ninja star), playing with it between her fingers. "I think it becomes everyone's business. Your visit to Earth smacked the spirit world in the face so hard, it shook everyone's money banks. You got big dollar signs over your head and you pissed off a lot of people in the past."

A smile cracked on Delilah's lips. "Including you."

Anger coated over MJ's eyes, a lightning bolt striking in the reflection of her green eyes. The clouds rumbled over the house. "I admit, I didn't expect my heart to be broken on my wedding day."

"You should've never loved me. I mean, have you met my first fiancée?" Delilah said.

"You live and learn," she spoke.

"And kill apparently." Delilah pointed to the weapon in her hand. "I always liked it when you got feisty."

"Still such a flirt."

"Some things never change."

MJ smiled and threw her star, Delilah leaping to the side in time to just miss the explosive weapon. She slid over the kitchen counter, dropping down behind the marble. "I hope you're not expecting some sexual frustrated sex after this. I kinda got somewhere to be," Delilah said.

Her laughter shook the pots hanging from the kitchen ceiling. "I was hoping I could have you in a body bag after this."

Delilah laughed and her eyes rolled to the drawer next to her ear. Crouched down, she rummaged through and pulled out the kitchen knives. "That's too bad. We always had fun in the kitchen."

She felt the ground rumble as MJ stepped on the floor, moving across towards her. "We still can, sugar."

Delilah whispered curses under her breath and the blades lifted up, hovering over her head.

They pointed towards MJ

Delilah clutched her own heated blades in her hands and slowly rose with the knives.

MJ paused in her tracks, eyeing the blades directed toward her. "By the way, what did you do to your wedding dress?" Delilah asked. Fire flared up from MJ's hair and this made Delilah grin even harder. "Millions of dollars burned to the crisp because you couldn't hold your temper. I'm sure no one still lets you down about that naked incident, flashing the guests your gifts."

MJ screamed and shot her stars forward, the kitchen knives slicing through each one that tried to reach Delilah.

Sparks flew and Delilah twisted into a spirit, travelling through the air like a ghost and appeared behind MJ She stabbed a knife in her shoulder and MJ screamed, quickly throwing her other hand up to send a mini tornado.

Delilah flew across the room, slamming into the cabinets. Plates fell out, crashing on her head and shoulder and scattering pieces around her feet.

She grumbled in frustration and shot forward, shoving MJ to the ground. She put her blade in the air, ready to break M.J's heart for the second time—quiet literally actually.