24. The Boy with Breaking News

10 HOURS LATER

It took a while, but they had finally explained everything to Brody who was surprisingly cool with it.  Just in time too. 

The world was falling apart. Quite literally.

A jagged line stretched across the street, chunks of cement building up around the cracks. They felt it. The whole world felt it. 

 Brody couldn't stop flipping channels as newscasters were either running or pouring dread or defeat through the screens, grabbing the hearts of viewers and crushing them with news:

The end had come.

Special monuments and historical spots had broken down or crumbled into dust. Buildings were swallowed in the ground and people were frantic and frenzied and under pressure. No one knew what was going on. This couldn't have been human done.

"There was a hiccup," Paris explained. "In the universe."

"A hiccup?" Lucan asked.

"A hiccup," said HB. She threw her head back with a laugh. "That's great."

He picked up the marker and drew a straight line across. "So this is our universe." He drew a big circle on one end and wrote 'Good' and at the other end, he drew another big circle and wrote 'Bad'. Then on the line, from 'Good' to 'Bad', he put some words down: 'Time', 'Karma', 'Little tiny people (humans and other dumb creatures)'.

"So. This is our whole universe." He circled everything on the whiteboard. "It's half bad and half good." He scribbled something on the side.

"Is that Delilah?"

"It's Delilah," he explained. Then he drew more scribbles on the opposite end of the spectrum. "These are angels." He scribbled more, one especially fatter than the other. "And this is us: the cosmic spirits."

"Who is the fat one?" asked Brody.

"HB," Paris said.

She grabbed the marker out of his hand and made the other figure really round. "And that's you."

Paris grinned from ear to ear. "Someone give us couple of the year," he said.

"So this is a diagram of the balanced universe," Brody said, still trying to grasp his head around what was going on.

"Yeap," he said. Then he grabbed a red marker and gave us a smile. "And this our universe now." He drew more scribbles on the bad side. 

 Suddenly, with magic in the room the straight light began tilting on the bad side, everything falling down the line and colliding into the bad side. Then he whipped out his gun and shot the line many times before smoke poured out of the barrel. 

 "That's what will happen. We'll all fucking die as long as her children are alive."

"You want to kill Delilah's kids?" Lucan asked.

"That's sick," Brody spat, stepping away.

"I'm not asking," Paris said.

"We're telling." HB took a step up. "They have an instinct to kill her as well. Even though they ran off last night, they're going to come back to murder Delilah and Ryland."

"Why the fuck are their children so vicious?" Brody shouted.

"Because they are literally the children of Delilah," Paris explained. "Like, I feel I don't emphasize enough that Delilah is actually the Devil."