23. The Boy with Big News

Light poured into her eyes and her eyelids shot open. Laying on a mattress, her eyes consumed the first thing that she could make sense off. Darkness.

For a moment she thought she was back in hell but that wouldn't have made much sense. Was she dead? Was this it? Did her children kill her?

There a loud creak of a door and light poured down a set of stairs. Delilah put a hand over her eye to block it, that hurting her too. God—everything hurt.

When she moved her neck, pain shot up and shattered back down to her stomach, her lower area burning. She let out a whimper and hugged her stomach, brushing over these new lumps.

Her heart skipped a beat and she tore the blanket off, seeing stitches across her stomach. She quickly rolled her shirt down, covering these and glanced back up.

"And you're awake," said HB. She had a bag of chips and quickly tossed them down. "Have you tried moving anything?"

"It fucking hurts," she said, and nearly leaned back, surprised by her raspy voice.

"Yeah. Don't talk. Anything you can ever think about doing with your body is probably something you can't do." HB came all the way down and flipped a switch, light flooding into the whole room.

Delilah glanced around, recalling this as Lucan's basement. "What's going on? Where's everyone else?"

"Chilling upstairs on the couch. Lucan had to lock his basement so no one else could get into here. You caused quite a ruckus at Paris's apartment," she said.

"What's happening? Where's Ryland?"

HB's face went a little darker than usual. "No one has seen him since last night's party."

"Party?" she asked.

HB sighed, standing before Delilah who still laid on the ground. "This is gonna take a lot of emotion to tell you so I mind as well have Paris talk about it." She held her hand out and Delilah stared at it, before grabbing it. HB helped her back up, Delilah feeling much lighter than usual.

She helped her up the stairs, going one by one. "Jesus—I can't wait until you can walk properly," HB muttered.

"Fuck you," said Delilah.

A smile cracked between the two girls and by the time they got to the top, the strength in Delilah was slowly coming back. She still got help by the time they entered the living room and then she quickly sat her down on the couch.

She noticed very familiar faces.

"Sleeping Beauty is awake," Paris said.

"I still don't get what the fuck you are but anyway, glad you're alive," said Brody.

"Feeling any better?" Lucan asked.

She glanced around the room once more. "Where's Ryland?"

The boys exchanged looks, all clueless as well. "We've been trying to contact him," Paris began but Delilah was already grabbing the phone off the counter.

Her nail tapped against the screen, it too long as she began dialing.

"Delilah," began Lucan.

But she ignored him, feet tapping on the floor as it kept ringing.

"Delilah," he said a little louder.

"Shut up!" she snapped and as soon as she got voicemail, she didn't even let her thoughts process as she redialed again.

"We already tried calling him but it kept going straight to voicemail," Lucan said.

She threw anything else out of her ear, glaring at the phone as if it were all it's fault. "Then where the fuck is he?" she screeched but it came out more of a wail.

"Ryland is the last thing you should be worried about," HB said.

"Shut up. Just shut up!" She redialed, waiting as the thing kept ringing.

"Delilah," Paris said, his voice meeting a much harsher tone that nearly brought her back. But she was too lost in Ryland and his disappearance and that desire that controlled her. She wanted him here. She wanted him here now.

The phone yanked out of her reach and she leaped forward, ready to kill the fucker who was ripping her hopeful future out but HB and Lucan held her down.

Paris put both hands on her shoulders, pushing her down on the couch and he finally revealed a bit of that power he forced himself to conceal. His voice shook every nerve her in bone as his nails dug into her skin.

"Delilah. You had twins."

+++

A/N: Please vote and comment on my story!! 

Love you lots, 

xx 3.14