21. The Lost Boy

"There you are!" Brody exclaimed.  He tossed the two drumsticks to Lucan who just waltzed in.  "Where were you?"

He waved his hand off to dismiss any curiosity the boys had.  "I just had to go to the bathroom.  So how's everything coming along?"

"It's coming along lovely!" Paris exclaimed, ruffling his hair in the mirror.  Cameras flashed and Lucan turned around, covering his face from the sudden flash.  "What's this?"

Ryland shrugged.  "The manager said we should let some paparazzi come in and see what we do as our 'warm-up' before a show."

"Oh."  Lucan cleared his head, keeping Delilah out of it.  He should've followed her but he did make a life for himself on Earth too.  Plus, she didn't want him to be there ever again.  Hopefully he wouldn't run into her soon.  She needed to let off some steam. 

Paris found the stereo in the room, cranking it up.  "How about some warmup boys?"

Brody jumped on a wheelie chair, and rolled across the room.  "Yassssssss. Let's rock this shit."

Their favourite song, a Fallout Boy song, came on and the boys started rocking it.  Paris and Ryland practiced their voice and laughter was exchanged.  Then it was time to get serious. 

"Boys you're on in ten," said a woman with a microphone and wire wrapped around her waist.  She wore a headset.  Security guards ushered the paparazzi away and soon the boys were alone. 

"I think one of them got a picture of my ass," said Paris. 

"Of course.  Everyone wants a pic of that ass," Brody said. 

Lucan studied Ryland who had been eerily quite.  "You okay, mate?" Lucan asked him, putting a hand on his friend's back. 

Ryland looked up and then gave him a smile.  "Yeah.  I'm fine."

Paris hooted and slung an arm around both of them.  "That's right bitches.  We're all FINE AS FUCK."  He stuck his tongue out and shook his head like a rock star and the boys did the same. 

They left the room, Brody pounding on the walls with his fists.

"The world better be ready for the boys of the dark," Brody said.  Lucan hooted and slapped the walls with his drumsticks.

Paris got a piggyback ride from Ryland and the boys made a hilarious ruckus as they made their way to the stage, following the crew who led them. 

It wasn't until they were finally below the stage, ready to come up on this platforms that'd spring them up when Ryland finally brought up the thing that was on his mind.  "Has anyone seen--"

"Show time boys!" the manager said, coming in with a big smile.  "It's about time the big world sees you talented lads!"

Paris hooted and gave him a fist pump.  "Hell yes."  They slapped each other on the back and exchanged grins. 

The sparks in Ryland's stomach came back again, forgetting about Delilah.  He started flashing back to when they all hanged out in his bedroom or in his garage or took over the whole second floor of his house to write songs.  It was crazy to see how far they came.  It made him smile and his cheeks started hurting at this amazing experience.  They did it. 

"We did it," he said aloud. 

The boys nodded and the manager gave each of them a pat on the back.  "Kill it boys.  I'll be in the backstage watching."  Their manager left them and finally, the boys were alone again. 

All of them were on their platforms, ready to spring up in the next few seconds. 

"You lads ready?" asked Lucan.