18. The Boy with the Tattoo Heart

The boys made it big with the online music video

They were going to celebrate their viral success tonight, but Ryland—the idiot who decided to call them all up on this six AM Saturday morning, forced everyone to meet up even earlier for an important occasion.

Sitting on the hood of Paris's truck, HB wrapped her blonde hair in a bun on the top of her head. "This better be good," HB said, arms crossed.

Paris huddled next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. He tried to pull her closer, but she shifted away. This made him bring her even closer.

"Oh, it is," Paris cooed.

"Whatever," she said and started drawing on her arm with a permanent marker. She started picking that habit off of Delilah and it was turning into a hobby.

"Can you hurry up and tell us what's going on? I want my coffee soon." Delilah kept looking at Ryland. She sat on the hood of his car, her cowboy boots swinging back and forth.

All three cars were parked by the cliff, Delilah hitching a ride with Paris and HB, Lucan and Brody in the other.

Ryland, who drove by himself, tossed everyone a beer from the cooler he brought which no one declined and cracked his neck. "Well lads." He licked his bottom lip and held the gaze of each member of the band.

"We've come a long way. I've known you all of a while now and I can't fucking believe we'd made money off of our shitty music." They laughed. "I still find it hard to grasp that people like our shit."

He paused, letting that lopsided, crooked smile grow across his lips. "Especially Grammy winning music producer Shaun O'Brian."

The boy's eyes lit up and the guy's jumped off of their cars.

"You're shitting me!" Brody exclaimed.

Lucan punched Ryland in the chest and they laughed, as he fisted his shirt in surprise. "Seriously?!"

"Fuck yeah!" Paris hooted and high fived Brody.

HB and Delilah jumped off the cars and clapped hugging the boys and embracing the warmth they grew among everyone's excitement.

"We just need to give him a call to say if we're in and out of the record deal." Ryland laughed. "It's a shit ton of paper we have to look over though."

"Who fucking cares?!" Paris exclaimed and shook his shoulders. Ryland laughed. "We're gonna be famous!"

"Woo-hoo. More free food for me," HB dryly cheered.

Delilah punched her in the arm, and HB cracked a smile. "Okay, maybe a little happy. For like, 0.2 seconds."

The group spun around, laughing and grinning enough until their cheeks hurt.