Chapter 22

[HERMIONE'S POV]

As Skylar and Malfoy began to explain about their "secret relationship"' I couldn't help but feel worried for both of their safety. I was undoubtedly happy for them, but do they understand what the consequences would be if anyone found out?

"With all due respect to the both of you, what are you thinking? This is such a bad idea! If anyone on Voldemort's side was to find out, you're both dead in a day. Now Skylar, I care about you, a lot, but is this really what you think is best? If you really want this, I'll support you, but if you get caught, don't say I didn't warn you" I said sternly. "Skylar, why don't you head up to the Common Room, I'll meet you there in a minute; I just want to tell Harry and Ron where we'll be."

"Alright! I'll see you later Draco!" Skylar said happily, glancing around the corridor to make sure no one would see, and kissed his cheek. "Bye Blaise!" She walked down the corridor, humming quietly to herself, and once she was out of sight, I grabbed Malfoy's collar and shoved him against the wall.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Malfoy. You remember what happened last time someone broke her heart; if you do that to her, I will personally make sure the guilt eats you alive. Do NOT get caught. It's risky enough that Blaise and I know, though, I will admit it's smart to have us as a backup plan in case you two get caught together at some point. I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into, Malfoy, I really do" I whispered gruffly.

He looked me dead in the eye and whispered back, "I know. I would do anything to keep her safe. I know dating her isn't the best way to keep her safe, but if she's unhappy, who knows what stupid things she'll do to herself?"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Please, Draco, I'm begging you, don't let anything happen to her. Please take care of her" I pleaded.

"Like I said, Granger, I will do everything in my power to keep her safe" he said and I released my grip on his collar. Malfoy grabbed Blaise and dragged him to their Common Room, which reminded me I told Skylar I would only be a minute until I caught up with her.

[SKYLAR'S POV]

It had been a good ten minutes and Hermione still hadn't caught up with me; I had been walking extremely slow, too. I shrugged and decided to just meet her in the Common Room instead of trying to wait for her. As I walked back, I started thinking about how well the conversation with Draco and Hermione went. Hermione took it a lot better then I thought she would, to be honest; I figured she would flip out and curse me into oblivion. I know Draco and I agreed not to say anything to absolutely anyone, but I had to admit, it was a good idea to each pick one person to confide in, so they can help us if we ever get stuck in a tight spot.

******

Draco and I had been dating for just over two months and I thought things were going great. Draco had been even more exhausted than usual, recently, because he had to have the cabinet fixed within a week so the Death Eaters' task could be completed. Currently, I was sitting in the Room of Requirement watching Draco mutter to himself as he attempted to fix the cabinet.

"Draco...?" I asked quietly and he spun around with an anger flaring in his dull eyes.

"What?" He asked stiffly, causing me to shrink back.

"I... I just wondered if you might want to take a break... or have some help..." I whispered, not looking at him. I heard him sigh and walk over to me.

"You know I can't take a break," he began quietly, cupping my cheeks in his hands, "and you know I can't have help, though I do appreciate the offer." Draco casually kissed the tip of my nose and I blushed. "You're cute when you blush, you know that, right?" he whispered in my ear.