Chapter 27

"You were wrong, Seamus. As much as I hate to admit it, you were wrong. He doesn't care about me, not one bit. I was just some huge joke, wasn't I? No actually, don't answer that," I sighed as Seamus and I sat down in the Common Room.

"Have ya ever considered the fact that she she snogged him and he was only trying to pry her off of him? I know it's far-fetched, but it could be true," Seamus said simply. I had to admit, he had a point, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I dunno. Maybe you're right, maybe you aren't. For the time being, though, I'm going to assume you're wrong and continue believing that he enjoyed snogging that slut's face off," I grumbled.

(3 months later)

I boarded the train with Neville, Ginny, Luna, and Seamus and we quickly found a compartment. I couldn't wait to go home. Actually, I wasn't going home; I was staying with Ginny because my mother moved to Africa to be with my brother until the war was over. I didn't mind, but I still wish I could feel the comfort of my own home and family. Mrs. Weasley had always been extremely kind to me and I didn't mind spending two weeks with her. I was surprised that students were even allowed to leave the castle for Christmas.

I sat next to Seamus and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I rested my head on his chest. Seamus and I had become extremely close lately; he only left my side when we didn't have classes together or one of us had to shower or use the bathroom. If people didn't know any better, they would assume he and I were dating. Which we weren't, of course. We were so much alike and I can't believe I never realized it before now; I actually started to think we were related.

"Mum's really looking forward to seeing you again, Skye. I swear she misses you more than she misses me sometimes!" Ginny replied brightly.

Surprisingly, I let out a small laugh. "I doubt that, Gin. Your mum is nice and all, but if she misses me more than she misses her own daughter, she's messed up."

"Then I guess she's messed up!" Ginny replied, still smiling. How was this girl in such a good mood? I guess going home was a blessing; I would be just as ecstatic to see Mum and Rob.

I nodded my head slowly before closing my eyes. I hadn't been getting much sleep lately; I was always in detention for doing something stupid. My most recent detention was for, and I quote, "asking a stupid question." Last I looked, there was no such thing as a stupid question. Damn Carrows. Sure, detention was awful, but at least they hadn't performed the Cruciatus Curse on me recently; it was usually just a harsh beating. Even then, it wasn't as bad as the Cruciatus Curse, so I thanked my lucky stars when I left their office with nothing more than a bruised and slightly bloody body.

I felt myself beginning to fall asleep, but I knew Seamus wouldn't mind. In fact, when he noticed, he wrapped his arm tighter around my waist and kissed my hair. "I'll wake ya when we're there," he mumbled.

It felt as though I had only been asleep for seconds when the train jolted to a stop. "Bloody hell? What's going on?" I asked groggily. Everyone shook their heads, just as clueless as I was. "You.. You don't think it's dementors, like third year, do you?" Again, no one answered.

I felt chills roll up and down my body and I snuggled closer to Seamus, trying to steal some body warmth. These chills were worse than those brought on by dementors. Soon, the sound of compartment doors slamming could be heard clearly. "What's going on?" I whispered, the fear obvious in my voice.

"I dunno, Skye. Everything will be alright, I promise," Seamus whispered in my ear. In the compartment next to our own, screams could be heard and I began to get extremely nervous. Almost as soon as the screams started, they stopped, and a tall black figure was moving towards our compartment. The door flew open to reveal none other than the lovely Bellatrix Lestrange. How wonderful. Please note my sarcasm. I have no bloody idea how I can be sarcastic when I'm this scared, but somehow I managed it.