Talk Me Down

"Good morning Niall, how are you feeling sweetie?" A nurse said as she removed Niall's IV. He winced at the needle sliding out of his skin.

"Where's dada and papa?" He asked, frantically looking around and completely ignoring the nurse's question.

"They went to get food with your brother, they should be back soon love. Do you feel okay or do you feel dizzy or hot or something?" She questioned again. Niall didn't know how he felt, he was still upset and he was scared.

"I want dada and papa." He said as his bottom lip began to wobble and tears filled his eyes. The nurse gave up on the question and went to gently rub the boys back.

"It's okay love, they'll be right back. You get to go home today too, isn't that great?" Niall just sniffled. Liam and Louis walked in the door holding Harry's hands and as soon as Niall saw them he burst into tears, he was just so overemotional. Liam and Louis' smiles dropped and Liam let go of Harry's hand and rushed over to Niall.

"Baby what's wrong, do you feel sick?" Niall just shook his head and buried himself into Liam's chest getting snot all over Liam's plain black shirt but Liam didn't care.

"M' scared papa, wanna go home." Liam just held him and kissed the top of his head.

"We're going to go home right now bug, papa and I just have to sign some papers okay?" Niall nodded and hesitantly released his hold on Liam. They left the room with the nurse to sign the release forms leaving Niall all alone in the room until Dr. Sugg walked in. Niall was surprised to see him since he worked at the local doctor's office not in hospital but nevertheless Niall felt some comfort in seeing someone he was comfortable with.

"Dr. Joe!"

"Hey Ni, my sister is your teacher and she told me about what happened in class and I wanted to come check on you. I also unfortunately have to do your first blood sugar check of the day. Did you eat breakfast yet?" A look of fear crossed Niall's face when he heard he'd be getting his levels checked but he shook his head no.

"I thought I was only gonna have to get my level checked once and get instalin once and then i'd be cured." Joe gave him a sympathetic smile.

"It's insulin and no love, I'm sorry but you have to check it at least three times a day plus whenever you feel low or high and you'll get the insulin shot after every meal. Let's get this over with for right now alright love?" Niall teared up again but nodded and held his hand out. Joe got the equipment ready and pricked Niall's finger. It didn't hurt Niall as much as the insulin shots but he still proceeded to scream and cry, mainly because he was tired and already frustrated, it also hurt him a bit and Niall didn't do well with needles. Joe cleaned Niall's finger and put a finding nemo plaster on it then picked him up and held him. he'd known Niall since birth basically because Liam and Niall had gotten him as a newborn so Joe was basically another uncle to the boys. Liam and Louis walked back in and greeted Joe as Liam took a still sobbing Niall from him.

"Make it go away dada, I wanna get better." Liam almost cried, he knew Niall would have this for the rest of his life and he wished he could make it go away. They waited for Niall to eat breakfast seeing as his levels were low then they collected all of Niall's stuff and with one more lecture from a nurse they were finally on their way home. Zayn and Marcel offered to take Harry for the week but they gratefully declined saying they needed to get used to taking close care of both of them at the same time. When they got home Louis bathed Harry and Niall together then put Harry in his nappy and put him down for a nap. Niall dressed himself and Louis noticed how tired he looked.

"Do you want to have a nap too bug?" Niall yawned and nodded, stretching his arms out for Louis to pick him up. Louis carried him to his room which was also Harry's room, they had decided on moving Niall's bed across from Harry's crib. Liam had moved all of Niall's stuff into the room and bought a nanny cam so they could watch for any problems with either of them at night. Niall  was confused as to why his stuff was in Harry's room but he was tired so he didn't question it.

Niall woke up a few hours later and turned to see Harry's crib empty so he got up and went downstairs seeing Harry eating pizza at the table.

"papa I want pizza." Louis frowned at Niall, he felt bad.

"I'm sorry bug, you have to follow your meal plan for a bit." This frustrated Niall but he just sat down and waited for his food. He ate his grilled chicken breast which he had to admit was good but it wasn't pizza. He finished and went to go watch the telly when Liam stopped him.

"Not yet bug, I have to give you your insulin shot." That's when Niall lost it, this was too much change for him at once and he couldn't do it. He began sobbing and ran up the stairs, locking himself in his old room which had now become a playroom. He sat in the corner and cried. Liam tried to reason with him but Niall wouldn't budge. Liam eventually went downstairs.

"You get him to take his shot?" Louis asked. Liam just sighed and shook his head.

"I couldn't talk him down." Harry looked at his dads before slowly slipping out of the room and making his way upstairs, knocking on the playroom door.

"No dada!"

"It's Hazza" Niall sniffled and opened the door. Harry pulled Niall in his lap and cuddled him like he'd seen his dads do before even though Niall was barely smaller than him.

"Take your shot Ni, Hazza want you to get better. No cry Ni, Hazza's here." he said as he rocked Niall back and forth. Louis and Liam were standing in the doorway seeing as they had come looking for Harry when they noticed he had disappeared. They both took out their phones quietly and took pictures and videos to send to the family later. Harry never took authority like this and it was great for them to see. Liam eventually put his phone away and approached Niall.

"I know you don't like it bug but it's to help you not have to go back in hospital." Niall let a tear slip but he nodded his head. Liam lifted his shirt a bit and Louis rubbed Niall's back as Liam injected Niall on the side of his stomach with the insulin. Niall began to cry harder because this was the thing that really hurt. Harry hugged Niall tighter.

"No cry Ni Ni, almost over, Hazza loves you." He said as he placed a sloppy kiss on Niall's cheek which made him giggle and cheer up a bit.

"All done, you did a good job Ni..and you too Hazza, thank you for being a helpful big brother." Louis and Liam kissed them both and carried them downstairs where they spent the remainder of the afternoon playing board games and watching films together.

Thank you to Tommogirl98 for the request. It was cute. Anyways, poor Ni :(. I'll try to update later on, I have soooo much Uni work due today that I should have been working on but I decided to update instead lol.

QOTC: How do you feel about the new situation with Niall and how the family is going to cope?