New Beginning, New Start

"JOSH YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES TO GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED!" Marcel yelled up the stairs. Josh had an appointment with Ms. Lily today and they had overslept so now they only had a half hour to get there. Two minutes later Marcel still hadn't heard any movement so he rolled his eyes and walked up the stairs and into Josh's room. Just like expected, the boy was still asleep. Marcel picked him up, not bothering to change him out of his sleepwear, and carried him out to the car and strapped him in before getting in the driver's seat and driving away. They arrived at the physical therapy ward just in time and checked in before having a seat in the waiting room. Marcel's phone buzzed and he took it out seeing he had a text from Zayn who was at the studio with Liam.

Zayn: Mornin' love, are you at Josh's appointment?

Marcel: Mornin' babe and yeah we just got here, Josh is still asleep.

Zayn: He must be exhausted, anyway I have to go now but make sure to film everything for me. I love you.

Marcel: I will, I love you too.

Marcel put his phone away and gently shook Josh awake as Lily came out and called his name.

"Cmon love wake up. It's time for you to see Ms. Lily." Josh opened his eyes and dug his face further into Marcel.

"No dada!" He whined. Lily just smiled at them and motioned for them to go into the room with her. Once they were inside she sat on the floor and Marcel did the same as he continued to hold Josh who had fallen back asleep.

"Is he feeling alright? He seems really tired."

"Yes he's fine, my husband thought it was a good idea to stay up and watch Disney films late last night." Marcel gently shook Josh awake again and the little boy whined but rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Good morning Josh, are you ready to start your exercises?" Ms. Lily asked sweetly. Josh nodded and allowed her to help him up while Marcel went to sit on the couch. "Have you been doing the exercises at home with him like I said?"

"Yeah, we make sure to do it for at least 30 minutes a day."

"That's good, okay Josh I want you to pull yourself up." She instructed as she set him on the floor in between the two metal bars. He pulled himself up with ease as he had been doing for months. Marcel took out his phone and started to film him because Zayn liked to see everything he was missing. "Okay good now take a few steps, you don't have to rush." She encouraged. He took a couple steps with the aide of the bars over the course of five minutes until he reached the end of the bars and Marcel was so proud. He had taken two more steps than he had the last time. "Keep going love." Josh looked at Lily as if she had grown a second head.

"B-but the bar ends here."

"I know." She said as she continued to smoke at him. Josh looked at Marcel who gave him a thumbs up of encouragement while still filming but deep down he was worried. He wasn't sure if Josh was ready for this and if he couldn't do it, the poor boy would be devastated. Josh took a deep breath and let go of the bars,giving himself a moment to centre his balance before moving his leg to take a step. Halfway through the movement he freaked out and lost his balance which caused his to fall over. Marcel ran over to him as the boy burst into sobs.

"Baby it's okay, you did so good I'm so proud of you." Josh just shook his head and cried into his father's neck. Lily smiled sympathetically at them but gently took Josh from Marcel.

"Josh you can do it love, you just have to tell yourself you can, you fell because you got scared, not because you couldn't do it." Marcel was about to open his mouth to intervene but Lily just shit him a look that said to trust her so he hesitantly went back to sit on the couch. Lily placed Josh back at the end of the bars and told him to try again when he was ready. He stood there for about two minutes before looking at Marcel and taking a deep breath as he let go of the bar. Marcel was once again filming as Josh took a little more time to make sure he was balanced. Lily sat about ten steps away and held her arms out for Josh. He shakily took a step and began freaking out.

"Josh it's okay baby, dada's here." Marcel cooed from the couch. Josh slightly nodded and took another deep breath as he took the next step, then another, and another, until he fell into Lily's arms. Marcel stopped filming and ran over to Josh with tears of joy running down his face as he picked the little boy up.

"You did it baby! I'm so proud of you!" He cried as he kissed Josh all over his face. After thanking Lily and a few more instructions from her, they scheduled another appointment and went home.

Later that evening Marcel had just finished dinner and was playing with Josh when the front door opened.

"I'm home!" Zayn called out. Marcel got out his phone to get ready to show him the video but Josh stopped him.

"I wanna show him in person." Marcel nodded and carried him upstairs to his and Zayn's room where Zayn was putting his stuff away in the closet. He placed Josh on the floor and quietly took out his phone to film again. Josh slowly but steadily made his way over to his Papa and hugged him from behind. Zayn turned around and saw Josh hugging his legs as Marcel stood in the doorway filming.

"D-did he j-just...." Marcel nodded with a proud smile on his face as Zayn burst into happy tears and lifted Josh up. "My baby boy I'm so proud of you. This is the best day ever." He cried as he hugged Josh. That night after dinner they all cuddled on the couch watching Josh's favourite films and eating sweets until they fell asleep.

Yayyyyy Josh is walking again ❤ I decided to finally give you a purely happy chapter.

QOTC: What was the best day of your life?