Prince Ali

"I'll see you then. I'm so sorry this happened." Louis sniffed as he hung up the phone.

"Liam!" He called out as he laid on his bed and began sobbing again. Liam rushed in.

"Harry's downstairs with Sco-" he paused when he saw the state his husband was in and rushed over to comfort him. "Lou what's wrong?" Louis turned into Liam's chest and rambled into Liam's chest and all he could make out was the word "died." His heart dropped and he gently pushed Louis away.

"Lou..who died?" Louis let out another sob.

"Perrie. Leigh Anne just called. Perrie hung herself last night in her room, they found her this morning, the funeral is this weekend." He began to cry again and Liam let a few tears fall. They saw Perrie as another part of their family, like a daughter.

"Leigh Anne said she left a note saying she couldn't do it any more, her mind was tired....Li how are we going to tell Harry? That was his best friend for four years." Liam just wiped his tears and held Louis tighter.

"We'll just try and break it to him easily, I'm not even sure he'll understand."

Harry clearly understood though and he sobbed and sobbed for three days straight. He was also very angry and he began taking it out on himself a lot more than he had been recently. Liam and Louis made him sleep between them in their bed out of fear he'd hurt himself or even worse, he'd end up like Perrie, they wouldn't be able to handle that.  They gave Scott a few days off paid because they felt Harry couldn't handle it right now. Soon it was Saturday and they were getting ready to leave for the viewing and burial service. Harry refused to wear the suit Liam had laid out for him. He wanted to wear the Princess Jasmine costume he had gotten the day he met Perrie. It still fit since he hadn't really grown since then. Liam tried to convince him that it wasn't appropriate for a funeral but Harry began to throw a fit and Liam was going to carefully pick his battles with Harry these next few weeks so he gave in and allowed Harry to wear it. He even brushed his soft curls out and placed a tiara atop of his head. Niall and Josh went to Karen and Geoff's seeing as Zayn,Marcel,Liam,and Louis felt they were too young to go.

When they got to the funeral parlour they were greeted by Leigh Anne and Jade who they could tell had not gotten any sleep this past week. They had tears stains down their cheeks and looked absolutely devastated. The Paylinsons hugged the the two women and once again expressed their condolences then made their way into the room where there was an open casket. Leigh Anne said they used heavy make up to cover the bruising around Perrie's neck. Before they could sit Jade gently grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him to the back of the room and pulled something out of her purse and handed it to him. It was an envelope that had his name written messily on it in crayon.

"She left this for you, I didn't want to open it because it seems private." Harry thanked Jade and watched as she went to go sit at the front next to Leigh Anne. Harry opened the note and focused on trying to read the short note.

Deer Hazza

  Yor my bestest frend in tha hole wurld. I luv yoo fourever and ever.

Luv Perrie

Harry put it back in the envelope and wiped a tear before walking back to his family and sitting on Zayn's lap. Once the service was over people started to leave the parlour to make their way to the actual burial site. The Paylinsons got up to leave too but Harry stopped Louis.

"Papa I wanna talk to her." Louis looked hesitant and looked to Liam who had the same expression.

"Baby, are you sure? I don't think you want to see her like this." Harry shook his head.

"I need to talk to her." Louis hesitated but allowed Harry to go up anyway. Harry walked up to the casket and looked inside. He was surprised to see her wearing the Aladdin costume that she had gotten on that same day they met. He thought she looked beautiful. He forgot his dada and papa were still in the room as he got lost in his own world talking to Perrie.

"Imma miss you Pez. I love you too, a lot....remember how when we watch Aladdin how Genie wanted to be set free? Well sometimes the prince needs to be set free too,now you can go on magic carpet rides whenever you want, goodbye Prince Ali."

He kissed her cheek and wiped a tear before walking back over to Louis who picked him up and allowed him to cry into his neck. He took one last look towards the casket before remembering something. He motioned for Louis to put him down and as soon as he did he rushed back up to the casket. He pulled something out of his pocket and put it in the casket before rushing back to Louis. Leigh Anne and Jade went to say goodbye to their daughter one last time and smiled at what Harry had put in the casket. It was their "marriage certificate" from that one play date four years ago complete with Niall's smeared spaghetti sauce "signature."

Okay so I'm sobbing writing this... honestly the idea just came to me and I felt it provided a twist and drama without changing the story too much. As I had said in an earlier chapter, Perrie wasn't going to be in this story anyway because it was too hard to write both her and Harry's characters now that they're older. No QOTC because I'm too sad right now. Feel free to express your hatred for me in the comments. Also, leave some prompts so I can update again, hopefully happy updates depending on what prompts you comment or message me.