Road Trip Troubles

"Niall hurry up and come down so we can check your blood sugar before we leave!" Louis yelled up the stairs. They were going to Doncaster to visit Louis' brother Dan's house. Dan and Phil had chosen a surrogate nine months ago and she would be going into labour any day now so Louis and Liam agreed to go up there for three weeks to stay with Troye who was now 14 and to help around the house and with the baby when they brought him home.

 "Papa I don't wanna see Troye! He's mean." Harry whined.

"Baby he's older now, he won't mess with you I promise." Harry hadn't seen his uncles Dan and Phil or Troye since that one incident with Troye four years ago. Louis was the only one who had seen them, he occasionally met with them whenever they were down in London visiting Phil's parents.

"Niall you have two minutes to get your little bum down here!"

"M' coming!" Niall ran down the stairs. "Sorry papa I had to have a quick wank."

"A WHAT?!" Louis' eyes widened.

"A wank" Niall repeated casually. Louis looked mortified while Liam was trying not to laugh.

"Bug what do you think that means?" Liam asked while still hiding a smile.

"You know..." Then he got closer and whispered "A number two" Liam couldn't contain it any more (I'm all yours I've got no control..sorry I had to) and burst out laughing while Louis looked more relieved than ever.

"Oh thank god...I was not ready to have that talk." Louis said.

"Bug that's not what that means, where did you hear that?" Liam asked.

"From Zee, Marcel told him he was on his own for the day so Zee said he was going to have a wank and went to the loo. What does it mean papa?"

"It means your dada and I need to have a talk with your brother about what he says in front of you." Niall just huffed but accepted the answer and allowed Louis to lead him to the kitchen to test his blood sugar. Niall closed his eyes and winced when he felt the pinch on his finger.

"100, okay it's normal but it's starting to get a little low. I'll give you some fruit in the car okay?" Niall nodded and went outside to Liam so he could help him get in his car seat. Harry was already strapped in his and he was playing with one of his dolls.

"Bug do you have to use the loo again before we go?" Niall shook his head no and allowed Liam to strap him in.

Two hours later Niall had eaten two packs of fruit snacks, an orange, and had drank a juice pouch as his sugar kept getting lower. They finally gotten his blood sugar level back up to a good range. However he had become extremely thirsty and ended up drinking 3 bottles of water. They stopped at a restaurant along the way and Niall drank a strawberry smoothie.

"Do you need to use the loo before we leave?" Liam asked Niall. Niall did but he figured he could hold it, he was exhausted now and just wanted to sleep so he shook his head no.

An hour later and Louis was asleep in the passenger seat while Harry and Niall were asleep in the back seat. Niall was restlessly dreaming, he dreamt that he was in a pool then next thing he knew he was in the loo having a wee and Niall really needed to go so he went because he thought he was actually in the loo. Liam thought he heard something hitting the floor quietly but he just ignored it, it was so quiet he was most likely imagining things. However about 10 minutes later the smell of wee hit his nostrils and he turned around assuming Harry's nappy had leaked but saw the floor, Niall's car seat, and Niall's shirt and shorts soaking wet.

"Shit" he whispered to himself. He gently shook Louis awake.

"Babe. wake up."

"Huh? Li what's wrong?" Louis said groggily.

"Ni had a little...accident." Louis turned around and saw the mess.

"Can you pull over so I can get him new clothes?" Liam nodded and pulled off the road. Louis went into the trunk but realized Niall's luggage was all the way in the back and he couldn't get to it.

"Um Li, I can't get to Ni's stuff...I'm going to just have to put him in one of Harry's nappies. Can you hand me one from the nappy bag on my seat?"

"He's not going to like that, good luck babe." Liam said as he tossed Louis a nappy. Louis carefully unbuckled Niall and carried him, trying not to get himself dirty because he couldn't reach his clothes either. He undressed Niall and put him in a nappy then covered his car seat with plastic and a towel before setting Niall back in." Niall woke up as Louis buckled his last strap and he looked down seeing himself naked except for a nappy.

"Papa?" He whimpered with tears in his eyes.

"Shh bug it's okay, you just had a little accident in your sleep."

"I don't wanna wear a nappy, m' not a baby."

"I know love, it's only because I couldn't reach your clothes, when we get to Uncle Dan's you can put some clothes on."

"But papa.." Niall began to cry. "I don't want Troye seeing me in a nappy." Louis reached back and grabbed Niall's hand, stroking it softly.

"It's okay bug, he won't judge you. How about I call Uncle Dan before we get there so he can distract Troye while you go to the loo to change?" Niall thought about it and nodded.

"Okay papa....sorry for having an accident in your car dada."

"It's alright bug, everyone has accidents sometimes."

"Even you?"  Liam went bright red and Louis started laughing.

"When your dada and I first started dating there was something he wouldn't tell me so I tried to tickle it out of him but instead he wee'd himself all over my mum's couch." Liam glared at Louis and Louis continued laughing. Niall laughed a bit too and Liam was happy Niall felt better about what happened. They continued the trip to Dan and Phil's house without any more problems.

thank you to cestfab for the prompt. :)

QOTC: What's your favourite song from each album? For me it's UAN-More Than This, TMH is hard but it's between I Would,They Don't Know About Us, and Truly Madly Deeply. MM- Through The Dark, Four-18, and MITAM- What a Feeling, History,or If I Could Fly.