Time Will Heal

"It's his brain. The analysis report shows that all memory in that part of is brain was erased."

"So this means he can learn to walk again?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, with lots of intensive therapy. When would you like for him to start that?"

"As soon as possible." Marcel said.

"I can get him in this afternoon." Marcel and Zayn nodded and thanked Joe as he left the room. The four men made their way back to the room to go see Josh again who was still sleeping, he was really worn out from everything that had happened. After sitting there for fifteen minutes Liam got a phone call from his mum so he excused himself to go answer it.

"Hi mum is everything alright with the boys?"

"Technically yes but Harry is hysterical and I can't get him to calm down, he keeps asking for you and Louis. He thinks you guys aren't coming back for him.  All his crying is upsetting Niall as well so he's been crying a bit."

"Fuck, okay mum I'm on my way to get them."

"Okay darling, oh and Liam?"

"Yes mum?"

"Watch your fucking language, I don't where you learned it from but it's dirty." Liam just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, totally have no idea who I learned it from." He said sarcastically. He told Karen that he'd see her in about twenty minutes then he went back into the room.

"Everything alright love?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, Harry's having a fit though, thinks we abandoned him and now Niall's quite upset so I'm going to go get them and bring them back here. I'll be right back." He explained, giving Louis a quick peck on the cheek.

"Papa!" Harry wailed as he saw who his gran was talking to at the front door.

"Hi baby, I told you I'd come back for you, I'd never leave you." Harry just sobbed and made grabby hands at Liam to be picked up. Liam set him on his hip and Harry stuck his thumb in his mouth, they were still trying to break that habit but it seemed like a soothing technique for Harry.

"No baby, remember that's yucky." He said, pulling Harry's thumb out of his mouth. Harry let out a small cry and Liam felt bad so he pulled the emergency dummy out of Harry's nappy bag and handed it to him. Harry put it in his mouth and let his head fall on Liam's shoulder and allowed his eyes to close.

"Where's Ni?"

"In the loo, said he had to go potty before he left." Liam just nodded. "How's Josh? I still need to meet the lad...I can't believe I'm a great grandmother, M' too young!" Liam laughed as how distraught his mum seemed over this.

"What about me? I'm far too young to be a grandfather, that's why he calls me Uncle Li. Anyway, considering the circumstances, things are going quite well, the only thing is he'll have to learn to walk again but we're just thankful he even has the opportunity, it could have been a spinal injury. Lou and I have him a lot of the time during the week so just drop in whenever you'd like, I'm sure he'd love to meet you."

"I'll be sure to stop by once you guys have developed some sort of routine again because I know things are a little hectic right now."

"PAPA!!!!" Niall screeched as he ran to hug Liam's leg.

"Hey bug, were you behaving?" Niall nodded. "Good job love, are you ready to go see Josh?" Niall nodded again. They all said goodbye to Karen and Liam told her to say hi to Geoff for him because he was currently at work.

When they got back, Liam took the boys to see Louis and the others quickly then went to get them something to eat from the cafeteria. When they were done Josh was in his first intensive therapy session so he took the boys to the waiting room to play with the toys they had there.

"Am I going to walk today papa?" Zayn felt his heart break as he pushed the small boy in his wheelchair to the place the session would occur.

"No baby not today, but you're going to start learning and before you know it you'll be good as new yeah?" Josh just slightly nodded and stared straight ahead.

"What's wrong baby?" Zayn cooed and Josh just broke out in loud, choked sobs. Zayn immediately stop pushing and went to pick him up. Marcel stood next to him and wiped away Josh's tears and kissed his cheeks and forehead repeatedly.

"It'll be okay baby, dada and papa are here." He cooed. A pretty young doctor came up to them.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Salford but you can call me Lily." She noticed the small crying boy in Zayn's arms. "And you must be Josh. Don't cry love, it'll be alright, we're going to help you get better." Josh sniffled and turned his head to look at her. She put her arms out for him. "Do you want to come with me so we can get started?" Josh looked at Zayn and Marcel hesitantly but they silently reassured him so he reached his arms out and allowed her to take him. She placed him on the ground in between two metal bars.

"Are you going to need our help with anything Lily?" Zayn asked.

"Just provide encouragement for now but I'll give you some exercises for him to do at home." They nodded and stood slightly off to the side. "Okay Josh,I want you to use your big strong arm muscles to pull yourself onto your feet okay?" Josh nodded and did so with ease considering none of his upper body was affected. "Okay now I want you to slowly try and let go of one bar." Josh did it and immediately fell back down and began sobbing. Marcel immediately ran over and picked him up.

"I can't do it dada!"

"It's okay baby boy, it's okay, you'll learn." Marcel cooed as he bounced the boy up and down like a toddler.

"You did very well Josh. No one expects you to get it on the first day. Do you want to come lay on the floor so I can stretch out your legs a bit?" Lily said kindly. Josh wiped his nose and nodded so Marcel laid him on the floor in front of Lily as she began stretching out his legs. She did a few other things and wrote down some notes, an hour later she was done. "Good job darling, can I have a high five?" Josh gave her a high five then Zayn and Marcel thanked her before putting Josh back in his wheelchair and telling Lily that they'd see her tomorrow.

"How'd it go?" Louis and Liam asked.

"Pretty well, it was pretty much what I expected, just a few exercises. She gave us some to do when we take him home tomorrow as well, we're pretty optimistic." Marcel explained. Harry was asleep in Louis' lap and Niall climbed onto the bed with Josh.

"Josh when you come home tomorrow do you fancy a game a footie? I got a new ball from my gran!" Josh looked at him sadly, trying not to cry.

"I can't, my legs don't work right now."

"What do you mean your legs don't work?"

"I can't walk but m' learnin again." Niall just smiled at him.

"Well that's alright, we can play a different game in the house. Don't worry bout your legs, my pancakerus doesn't work so we're kinda even."

"Pancreas baby." Liam corrected as he laughed a bit.

"Yeah that.

"Can they fix it like they're gonna fix my legs?"

"Nah but that's okay, besides all the needles n stuff I kinda forget it's broken sometimes." Josh just nodded then they went on to talk about some new video game. Liam, Louis, Marcel,and Zayn all smiled at the sight because their kids were just being kids, just like they should be.

Soooo a slightly more positive chapter. I felt bad for making you wait for the results :P so I added a cute little Nosh moment. I know I typically don't follow one specific story line this long but there's was a few things that needed to happen with this. The next chapter will be partly this storyline and partly prompt. :)

QOTC: If you had to pick one which one would you prefer, Fifth Harmony or Little Mix? I used to love 5H but then I was introduced to LM and I'm not trying to be rude to 5H because I still like them but LM is more talented vocally, both as a group and as individuals. Their harmonies are better and I like their songs more. Plus I'm so in love with the idea of Jerrie <3 Jade's accent is so cute too omg I love the Geordie accent even though I have a hard time understanding her, she's just so adorable and Perrie is so perfect, Leigh Anne is mom af and goals af in general and Jesy fucking slays the haters <3. I didn't mean to go on a rant about them but I just love LM so much.