Sick Day

Louis never got sick, ever. Even when the kids were all ill and he would take care of them he never caught anything which is why he was surprised when he had to run to the loo in the middle of the night to throw up. He figured he probably ate something bad. He flushed the toilet, brushed his teeth, and went back to bed.

"Babe are you alright?" Liam asked,still half asleep.

"Yeah, just had to have a wee." He lied before kissing Liam's cheek and going back to bed. He woke up three more times that night having to run to the toilet but thankfully Liam didn't wake up again. In the morning Louis woke up drenched in his own sweat. His stomach was churning violently, his body ached, his head throbbed, and he had no energy but he knew Liam would be in his office most of the day so he had to get up and get the day started as always. He didn't have any room for a sick day. He slowly walked to the boys' room while rubbing his stomach trying to soothe it.

"Ni, wake up bug." Niall opened his eyes and slowly sat up. "Come on baby, we have to go check your blood sugar." Niall tiredly rubbed his eyes and went with Louis downstairs.

"80, it's getting a little low, what do you want for breakfast?" Niall thought about it for a moment.

"Toast and Cereal?" Louis nodded and put some bread in the toaster then poured a bowl of cereal for Niall, cutting up some strawberries to put in it while trying to ignore the turning in his stomach. He buttered Niall's toast and served it to him.

"Thank you papa"

"No problem bug, I'm going to go get Harry okay?" Niall nodded and continued eating.

"Harry, Harry wake up love." Harry let out a soft cry when Louis tried to pick him up and Louis almost gave in and let him sleep but he knew he had to wake him or else he wouldn't sleep later. "No baby get up." Harry whimpered but opened his eyes and clung tightly to Louis. Louis laid Harry down on the floor and quickly changed his nappy before picking him back up and carrying him downstairs with Niall. He saw Liam standing at the counter making some tea.

"Good morning babe." Liam said, pecking Louis' lips.

"Morning, are you going to be in your office today?" Liam nodded and kissed Louis one more time before taking his tea and going upstairs to work.

"What do you want for breakfast Hazza?"

"Eggs and bacon!!!" Harry squealed. Louis smiled and put Harry down next to Niall and began making his food. The smell of the eggs and bacon was getting to be too much for him though and he had to plug his nose and take deep breaths.

"Are you okay papa?" Niall asked.

"Yeah bug I'm fine." He finished making Harry's breakfast and started cutting it up into smaller pieces for Harry. He put a bib on him and gave him his plate.

"Thank you papa."

"You're welcome baby, papa will be right back, stay at the table okay?" They both nodded and Louis walked out of the kitchen. As soon as he was out of their sight he ran to the toilet and threw up again. After about 10 minutes he felt like he was done so he flushed, brushed his teeth quickly, and went back to the kitchen seeing that the kids had finished eating. He quickly took some aspirin for his headache but saw they didn't have anything for his stomach. He put the kids' dirty bowls and plates in the sink and then led them into the family room to watch the telly. On a normal Saturday morning he took the kids to the park so Liam could have the house to himself and so the kids could get exercise but today he really didn't feel well and just wanted to keep the kids quiet and entertained. He put on mickey mouse clubhouse and spread some toys out on the floor to keep them occupied before laying on the couch to relax. He watched the boys play for about half an hour before that horrible churning in his stomach returned. He tried to ignore it but he knew what was coming.

"I'll be right back okay? stay here." He rushed out before quickly walking towards the loo. He barely made it and didn't even have time to close the door all the way before falling on his knees over the toilet. Harry and Niall stayed in the family room like Louis said but after about fifteen minutes Harry got curious and went looking for Louis. He walked past the loo and saw that the light was on and the door was open a little bit so he peaked in. He saw his papa hunched over the toilet, throwing up and all sweaty. This frightened Harry, he'd never seen his papa like this before. Tears sprang to his eyes and he silently backed away before running up the stairs to Liam's office.

"Dada!" he sobbed as he ran into the room. Liam took off his headphones and picked up the crying boy, rubbing his back.

"shh, it's okay. What's wrong baby?"

"M' scared. Somethins wrong with papa." Liam got up and walked downstairs with Harry.

"Where is he?" Harry pointed to the loo and Liam took Harry back to the family room and put him on the floor next to Niall.

"Stay here with Ni while I go check on papa okay?" Harry sniffled and nodded. Liam walked over to the loo and pushed the door open to see Louis throwing up and looking completely pale and weak. He crouched down and rubbed his back as Louis continued to be sick.

"Lou, babe, why didn't you tell me you were ill? I would have taken the kids for the day so you could rest. You got sick early in the middle of the night yesterday too huh?"

"Yeah but It's okay Li. I can't afford a sick day. The kids need me and there's stuff to be done around here."

"Louis everyone gets sick sometimes, it's okay to take a day to rest. Now come on, go put some comfortable clothes on and get back in bed, I'll take care of everything." Liam said as he wiped Louis' mouth and flushed the toilet for him. He led Louis upstairs and helped him into bed before turning on the telly and putting the rubbish bin by the side of the bed.

"It's here if you need it okay? I'm going to go check on the kids but I'll be back." Louis nodded, already drifting off to sleep. An hour later and Liam knocked on the door, earning a quiet "come in" from Louis. He opened the door carrying a tray of soup and tea with some stomach medicine that he and the boys had picked up from the store.  Harry and Niall walked in after him and climbed up on the bed with Louis. Louis thanked Liam for the stuff and Liam gently kissed Louis' forehead as he sat next to him.

"Me and Ni made this for you papa." Harry said, handing a card over to him. It was a drawing of the whole family smiling and it said "Get Well, Love Hazza and Ni Ni" on it in Harry's messy handwriting.

"I writed all the words and Ni Ni drawed the picture, both of us coloured it." Louis and Liam smiled at Harry's bad grammar, it sounded cute coming from him.

"Thank you Hazza, Thank you bug, it's beautiful. I love it." He put the drawing on the bedside table and proceeded to open the medicine Liam brought and took some. Liam emptied and cleaned out the bin before putting it back by the bed and then crawling in next to Louis, gently rubbing his stomach.

"I'm going to take the boys back downstairs so you can rest okay?" Liam offered but Louis shook his head.

"I'm not tired any more. Stay here with me, we can all watch a film." and that's what they did. They spent the whole day cuddled up in Louis and Liam's bed watching films and talking. That night Liam put the boys to bed early and went back to lay down with Louis, rubbing his stomach to ease the pain and gently planting kisses all over his face.

"I love you so much Li."

"I love you so much too Lou." Louis fell asleep wrapped in Liam's arms and when he woke up the next day he felt much better.

Thank you to paige_originalzz1D for the prompt.

QOTC: Now that you've gotten to know the characters more who's your favourite major character? (Liam,Louis,Zayn,Marcel, Niall, Harry) and who's your favourite minor character? (Josh,Leeroy,Connor, Perrie, Zoe...etc. basically anyone who's made an appearance in this fic)