Alarmed

It was a little past midnight and Liam and Louis had just made love for the first time in over a month. They were now laying in bed in just their boxers holding each other.

"Li?"

"Yes love?"

"Can we do that thing that we used to do back when we just had Zayn? You know where we used to just go lay in the yard and look at the stars?" Liam looked at Louis, he was surprised that he even remembered that.

"Sure, let's go"

"wait right now?"

"Yeah why not? The kids are asleep." Louis nodded and they both got out of bed and quickly got dressed before sneaking out the front door and laying on the grass. Liam pulled Louis into his side as they gazed up at the sky. Before they knew it they had fallen asleep. Liam woke up to an odd smell and looked around trying to figure it out but he didn't see anything so he just closed his eyes again. He and Louis woke up to the sound of sirens coming from the fire engines pulling into his driveway. The smell was stronger than ever and that's when they noticed the thick black smoke coming out of their house.

"HARRY! NIALL!" Louis screamed as Liam tried to run into the house. The fire alarm must have alerted the fire brigade. A fireman stopped Liam.

"Sir I can't let you go in there, it's not safe."

"I DON'T CARE! I HAVE TWO SONS IN THERE!" Liam shouted as he ran inside ignoring the protests of the firemen. He ran up the stairs and into the boys' room where they were still sound asleep. He grabbed one in each arm and quickly ran outside where he handed them over to EMTs where they looked over both boys. Thankfully they were perfectly okay.

"We were able to put out the fire and no real damage was done. It was contained to the kitchen so you have a few burned floor boards but that's about it." Liam and Louis sighed in relief, everything could have been so much worse.

"What caused the fire?" Louis asked.

"An overloaded electrical cord that got overheated, there were 10 appliances plugged in." Louis nodded knowing they had to watch for that from now on and unplug whatever they weren't using.The firemen checked the house again then gave the all clear. Liam and Louis thanked them then went back in the house and went to bed. They decided to have the boys sleep with them because they were Louis was too worried to let them be alone. Liam was just glad neither of them woke up during all of this because Harry would have had a proper freak out. Liam and Louis kissed both boys on the forehead before pecking each other on the lips and going back to sleep.

Sorry that was short. I'm both working and re-enrolling in Uni so I might be able to only update one story a day now, if even that, instead of all of them. I'll try my best to do as much as possible because I really love writing. Thank you to Boduke23luv for this prompt.

QOTC: If I can only update one book a day would you rather it be this one, Deception, or Sick and Hurt?