19.) Taken Part 2

I was still in shock after Alex told me it was his first time at the beach. I mean where has he been his whole life?

I observed him as he dug his toes in the sand. He looked like a curious little boy. Oddly, it made me smile seeing him like this.

Now I was really curious what his childhood was like. I only know him from what he's shown me. Maybe there was more to him then what he was letting on.

I walked over to a random spot on the sand and plopped myself down.

Alex looked behind him and down at me. I gave him an expectant look, showing that he should sit down too.

Alex walked over to me and sat down.
"Not enjoying yourself?" He asked.

"Oh no, I am. The beach is my fav-"

"Favorite place to be. I know." He finished my sentence.

I looked at him confused. "How'd you know?" I asked.

"I think you've mentioned it before."

I thought about it. Have I mentioned it before. I really don't think I have.

"I don't think I have." I stated.

"No that one night I was watching you sleep, you were talking about the beach." He said casually. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"That's a joke." He commented, chuckling. Knowing him, he probably would do that. Or already has.

"Your room has a lot of pictures of you at the beach and stuff. Its not that hard to figure out."

"I mean, I guess I do." I thought about it. "So... Tell me a little about yourself." I said, curious.

He looked at me confused. "What?"

"You did say I should know stuff about you like you know about me." I pointed out.

"What would you like to know?" He asked ready for my questions.

I leaned in a bit closer to him. "Everything." I said with a whisper, like I was telling him a secret.

He looked a little taken back. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well?" I asked.

"How could I possibly know where to start?" He asked.

"Okay... How about telling me when and where you were born." I suggested.

"I was born in a hospital on March 1st." Was all he said.

I looked at him with a dumbfounded look. "Well that was just way too descriptive, next time keep it short and simple why don't ya." I joked with him.

"What were your parents like?" I then asked.

He looked up, thinking. "Reserved... Strict... No fun... Folks with few words. Hmm.. What else." He said to himself.

Well damn.

"Okay, what about siblings. Did you have any?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

I smiled. Who knew he had a sibling. He seemed like an only child. "And...?" I egged for him to continue to talk about his sibling.

"They're gone." Was what he chose to say. His face showed no emotion, it left me with chills.

My smile faded.

This went downhill fast.

I wanted to ask more about his sibling but I didn't want to force him into talking about it when he looked like he didn't want to.

I cleared my throat and tried to change the subject. "What do you like to do for fun?" I asked.

Alex was snapped out of his thoughts and looked a little less serious. "For fun?" He asked. I nodded.

"Scaring the hell out of people." He said with a cynical smile.

"Of course." I mumbled, shaking my head. Alex smiled at my reaction, enjoying it.

Suddenly I heard a muffled sound.

"What's that?" I asked looking around.

Alex pulled out his phone from his pocket. He looked over it for a second. It continued vibrating in his hand until he made it stop.

"Why didn't you take that?" I asked.

"Wasn't important." He put his phone away.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Who could've called him?

"Yup I'm sure. Anymore questions for me?"

I started thinking for more questions to ask him. I was still really curious about his childhood and his family.

"So... How long did live in Seabrook before you... Relocated." I hesitated finding the right word.

Relocated as in he was taken away by the cops.

I know I should be trying to figure out how to get the authorities on his ass because... Well he did kill my babysitter.

But deep down I just wasn't feeling that fear you should when faced with a killer. I mean sure he scares me sometimes. And I did get that psycho vibe from him... I still do. But I don't know, I just couldn't pinpoint how I felt about him. I knew I needed to know more about him.

Plus if I did get the authorities on him, he'd probably kill my family and kill me too. Or take me away.

"For a few years, I think." He answered.

Should I ask him about that night?

I was desperate to know.

"Remember that night?" I asked.

"When we were a lot younger?" He asked.

How'd he know I was talking about that exact night?

"Yeah... When you were gonna..." I cleared my throat. "...Kill me." I said faintly.

He suddenly chuckled loudly which scared the shit out of me. "I remember that night very clearly." He said smiling.

"What's so funny? You were actually gonna kill me... Are you gonna kill me now since you didn't back then?" I asked getting frantic. I discreetly scooted away from him.

I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

He then turned my way with a blank face. "If I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead." He continued to look at me with a blank face for a couple of seconds and then smirked.

Was he smirking at my fear? Because I'm pretty sure I was showing it.

His answer did relieve me a little bit though. I probably would be dead already if he wanted me to be.

"Then what do you want from me?" I asked curiously.

He sighed heavily. "Your friendship dummy. Remember you promised that when I came back we would be friends... Forever."

Little naive me...

He showed up in my bedroom planning to kill me but leaves with the promise of friendship.

At least he didn't want to harm me.

Or did he?

I still needed to know more about him but i knew the only way I'd find out specific things about him was to snoop.

Alex looked to the side at the boardwalk where many people were enjoying their time.

"Wanna walk around the boardwalk?" I asked.

"You just walk around?" He asked confused.

I tried hiding a giggle. "There's a lot more to do than just walk around. There are so many things to see, games to play, places to eat... So many places to eat." I said.

"Okay, lets go." He said.

I hopped up, excited.

I'll continue questioning him when there's less distractions. It was time for some fun now.