My Psycho Friend

Chap 1:

"Good night sweetie. We'll be back early tomorrow before you even know it." Jasmin's mother said to her.

Jasmin nodded, unsure. "But where are you and dad going?" Jasmin asked.

The mother smiled at her worried 9 year old girl. "I told you. Your dad and I are going out to visit your great Aung Krystal. Remember, she's in the hospital?" Her mother replied.

"Oh." Jasmin looked down at her hands. 

Jasmin's mother checked her sterling silver watch on her left arm. "Oh sweetie. Your dad and I are running late. Betty is downstairs if you need her. But its past your bedtime. So I suggest you go to sleep young lady." Jasmin's mother playfully said to her.

Jasmin smiled brightly. "Okay mom." She said cheerfully, but fighting a yawn.

"Okay hunny. Good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite." Her mother said winking at her.

Jasmin giggled. "Night mom."

Jasmin's mother stood up from her bed and began walking out of Jasmin's bedroom. "Goodnight. I love you." Jasmin's mother whispered.

"Love you too." Jasmin whispered back. Her mother closed her door, leaving it slightly cracked open. 

**

Jasmin was peacefully asleep in her bed.

Her bedroom then creaked open. Jasmin rustled in her sleep. The door then fully opened. That's when Jasmin started waking up. She looked towards her bedroom door to see a dark shadowed figure, the light peering from behind it. 

"Betty?" Jasmin asked, not able to see the person in her bedroom, except for their shadow.

The person moved a bit. Suddenly light filled her once dark room.

Jasmin blinked a few times since the bright light overwhelmed her. When she finished adjusting to the light she looked towards the visitor in her room.

She was staring into the eyes of a young boy. Not much older than her, probably 10 years old. His black hair was wet, somewhat covering his eyes.

"Who are you?" Jasmin asked the question again. She was the least bit afraid of the stranger. 

After all, he was just a little boy.

The boy stepped forward. "I'm...." The boy stopped, thinking. "I'm Alex." He said.

"Alex." Jasmin began. "I'm Jasmin. Why are you in my room?" Jasmin asked. She had thought this was probably just a dream.

"To kill you." The boy said emotionless.

Jasmin's hazel eyes widened. She gripped her Teddy bear tight in her arms. She had a thought that maybe he was just playing a joke on her.

"Why?" Jasmin asked calmly, but fear clearly showed.

"I... I don't know." The boy, Alex answered back.

Jasmin had a confused look on her face. "Then what's the point in killing then? And you're young like me. You shouldn't be killing anyone. You should be playing with toys and friends and have fun." Jasmin said, not showing fear anymore.

She still thought this was a dream.

Alex cocked his head to the side a bit. "But killing is fun." He said.

Jasmin shook her head. "Playing with friends is much more fun." She said.

Alex stayed silent. He then looked down at the floor. "I don't have any friends.." he said sadly.

"I'll be your friend." Jasmin quickly offered, not thinking of what it really meant to Alex.

Alex's head shot up and looked back up at Jasmin. A smile forming on his face. "Really?" Alex asked in disbelief.

"Yeah!" Jasmin said, smiling at him.

Alex began walking towards Jasmin's bed.

Suddenly, there were loud crashes coming from the first floor, quickly making its way closer. Before they both knew it, there were police officers at the entrance of Jasmin's room. Her parents behind the cops.

Both Alex and Jasmin's head turned toward the intruders.

"Don't move kid!" One officer said. Alex didn't move. The officers then surrounded him, and began to cuff him. Jasmin got out of her bed and towards Alex, who was being bombarded with all the police officers.

"Get off! You're hurting him!" Jasmin yelled at the cops.

Jasmin was beginning to realize that this wasn't a dream at all. She had felt Alex while she was hugging him to keep him away from the police officers. She also felt them try to push her away from Alex.

"Get your child situated. This is a dangerous kid." An officer said to Jasmin's parents.

Jasmin's dad came towards her and pulled her back away from the crowd of cops and Alex.

"Jasmin, that boy is dangerous." Her dad said. Jasmin only shook her head.

The cops began to escort Alex out.

"Jasmin. Promise we'll be friends forever." Alex said while being dragged out. His eyes begging her to answer with what he hoped would be 'yes'. 

Jasmin slipped out of her dads hold and ran over to Alex. The cops didn't get to her, she was so small and was able to make it past them with no problem.

"I promise." Jasmin said, taking out her pinkie and pulling Alex's cuffed hands up. She made his pinkie stick out and intertwined their pinkies. "Pinkie promise." 

"I'll come back. So we can play." Alex said. Jasmin nodded.

She was soon dragged away from Alex by the officers and back to her parents.

It was only after the cops had dragged out Alex was when Jasmin found out the horrible truth.

Betty, Jasmin's favorite and long time babysitter of about 6 years died that night.

And Alex had killed her...