23.) Forgotten

"Want to ride to school together?" Alex's head popped up in my door way, scaring me per usual. I closed my eyes and put a hand up to my chest to calm my poor heart.

He chuckled now behind me as I sat in front of my vanity. 

"You could've knocked." I said as I brushed my wavy hair. After I had taken a much needed shower last night, I went straight to sleep. This morning I woke up with my hair wavy and with volume, and to my surprise it looked good.

"Your door is wide open." He said bluntly while his hand gestured to my open bedroom door.

Oh right.

"Well at least could've made some noise while coming up." Alex laughed. He put a hand on my shoulder and bent down to my level. He looked at me in the mirror.

"It's not my fault you scare so easily." He had whispered next to my ear continuing to keep eye contact with me. His piercing blue eyes captivated me, almost like he had me in a trance.

He cleared his throat and backed away from me and leaned on the edge of my bed with his hands in his black jean pockets. 

"You wanna ride or not?" He asked. 

I gulped. 

"Um, sure." I said as I put my brush down and went to get up.

"Cool, my car is in your driveway, and I, will be in it." He said before disappearing.

Did he already know I was going to say yes to him? Sometimes I felt like he already knows what I'm going to say or do before doing it. It was like he could read me.

I quickly got my backpack and slung it over my shoulder and left.

"Why is the ac blasting?" I asked as soon as I got in his car. It was freezing in his car. "It's like 60 degrees outside." I stated.

Alex shrugged while turning the ac off. "Guess I'm hot." He said while smirking.

"Ha... Good one." I retorted. 

"Want to pick up a quick breakfast?" He asked while pulling out of my driveway.

I forgot to eat breakfast. 

"Yeah, that's actually a good idea. I didn't eat anything this morning." I stated.

"Same." Alex mumbled while driving.

"Do you know if IHOP has to-go pancakes?" He asked, side eyeing me. I chuckled a little. I hadn't the slightest idea if they did. 

"Eh it's okay, Mc-dees, is coming up." He then said. We were nearing the McDonald's.

"What would you like?" He turned to me and pulled his shades down slightly so that I could see his eyes.  I couldn't help thinking how cool he looked right now.

There was still a car ahead of us that was ordering through the speakers. I looked at the menu straight ahead.

"I think I'll get a sausage burrito and hash browns." I said. He nodded then drove forward a little when the car in front of us moved.

"Hi welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you?" A girl's voice spoke.

"I'd like a bacon, egg, cheese biscuit, sausage burrito, and two hash browns." He had said swiftly.

"Would you like any drinks with that?

I was about to speak up and tell Alex that I had wanted an iced tea but he spoke before I could.