6. Match Made In Hell

**

Ugh! So many books to carry.

I struggled to balance myself as the heavy books I was carrying made me tilt on either side.

Alex's laugh turned my attention to him. "You kinda look like a penguin." He commented still laughing.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Thanks." I said.

I looked back at the books in my hands.

Okay, one I don't even need until the last period. I put the one book back, which by the way was the heaviest. I had no problem now carrying the remainder of books in my hands.

"You shoulda just kept holding all four of the books." He said, amused.

"Whatever... What do you want?" I asked annoyed by his appearance.

"We have second period together. So here I am... Waiting for you." He said, leaning on the lockers next to mine.

"You don't have to wait." I said. "You can just go." I said, not in a nice tone at all.

"Well then... Maybe I will." He said in an over-confident tone. A wave of relief and happiness overcame me as he got off from leaning against the lockers, and started walking.

"Hah. Just messing with you. I wouldn't leave you like that." He said, leaning against the lockers again.

I let out an exasperated breath. "Whatever." I muttered, annoyed.

Very annoyed.

"Hey Jazz!"

Ugh, god. Are you serious. The last person I wanted to hear from right now.

Well... Second to last person.

"Stephanie!" I said, happily. Maybe even too overly happy. "Hey." I said, giving her a fake smile, as I saw a fake smile on her overly done face. She really needed to know her limit with foundation. 

 "So, I just wanted to ask if you were going to my party tonight or not." She said. I was about to reply when she started talking again. "Because, Adam said he was going. And I asked him if you were going and he said he wasn't too sure if you were." She said, a grin plastered on her face.

Her face I'd like to smash into the lockers.

"Oh yeah. I'm definitely going. Wouldn't want to miss out on your party." I said, with a big grin on my face as well.

Stephanie's grin disappeared. "Oh, good!" She said.

"Yeah. I can't wait." I commented.

"Me either... Who are you?" She asked as her eyes wandered away to look passed me.

Suddenly, I felt myself being pushed aside as Alex made his way up front.

"Names Alex, nice to meet you." Alex said, holding out a hand, while I had hit the lockers.

Stupid Alex...

Stephanie smiled.

Only this time... Genuinely?

"Nice to meet you Alex. I'm Stephanie." Stephanie said with her 'pretend nice voice'. Stephanie took ahold of Alex's hand.

The next thing I saw made my mouth drop.

Alex had taken the action upon himself to kiss the back of her hand.

KISS!

That's when I knew I had to escape.

I wanted to gag. I quickly closed my locker and began walking away from the...

The monsters.

Hey, what can I say, they sure were similar to each other.

 "What's your hurry little one?" I heard someone say from behind me.

I immediately stopped and looked back.

"Carter!" I yelled, which made people passing by me look at me weirdly. But I didn't care. All I cared about was my friend being back in school.

I leaped to Carter and gave him a bear hug. I immediately released as I remembered that he had been sick and he could possibly still feel horrible, plus a chance I might get sick as well.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry. You're probably not in good shape." I said as I looked at him worriedly.

Carter laughed and ruffled my neat, black straight hair, which now was messed up.

 "Hey." I protested as I moved away from him.

He chuckled. "I'm fine Jasmin. I've had weeks to rest." He said.

"Oh. Okay.. Well... Hugs!" I said cheerfully as I came rushing towards him opening my arms wide. Carter hugged me back.

We soon pulled away. "Why didn't you tell me which hospital you were staying at so I could've visited you?" I asked.

Carter was silent for a moment. "I.. I didn't want you or any of my friends to see me like crap." He said.

"I've seen you at your worst. There's nothing left to hide." I said.

"Still.." He said.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes. "But I'm glad your back." I said.

"I know. Me too."

**