30.) My Psycho Friend

"Lets go sweetie." I heard Alex say with a gruff and a little too loudly in my ear. I struggled to open my eyes, my eyelids felt so heavy.

And why was he calling me that? It sounded weird. 

I felt myself being pulled up. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times and saw Alex was helping me out of his car. 

"Don't be the third girl tonight I have to carry inside." He mumbled. 

Third girl? What was he talking about?

"What's happening?" I asked while being forced to move. I was using Alex as support, my arm rested around his neck as he led me forward. 

"You're home, well sort of." He said. I looked around and saw we were walking up to Alex's front door. I then looked back to where my house was and saw my parents bedroom lights on. I definitely couldn't go home slightly drunk. 

Alex had managed to open the front door while still holding on to me. He led us inside and turned the lights on. At that point I started to walk off on my own and headed for the stairs. I got up a few steps until I missed a step and tripped. Alex was behind me and made sure I didn't fall back, not to ignore the fact that his hand had touched my butt. I didn't have the energy to mention it. I was tired and I wanted to get into bed and sleep. 

I couldn't help but giggle to myself because I was proud of where I was going. I lightly hit the bedroom door before fumbling to open it, nearly falling on the floor when I finally got it opened. 

"I can't see." I said as I held my hands out in front of me to make sure I wasn't going to run into anything. Suddenly lights filled the room and then I stumbled on to the bed. I continued to plop on top and crawl on the comfy bed that smelled like Alex.

"Glad you're making yourself comfortable." Alex said as I buried my head in his pillows.

I waved my hand at him in hopes that he got the notion I was dismissing him. All I wanted was to sleep right now.

"You didn't even take your shoes off." He said. I groaned in reply.

Couldn't he just leave me alone?

Suddenly I felt my heels being taken off. I looked up to see Alex chucking my heels to god knows where.

"Hey." I whined. "My feet feel naked and cold."

Alex exhaled and shook his head at me. " Be a proper human being and get underneath the covers, genius." He said with a tone I didn't quite like.

Nonetheless, I huffed and tried to get under the covers. I felt so heavy and my movements were slow. 

"I don't know whether to think if this is cute or just sad." He said. 

This butt hole... I tried my hardest to get under the covers. I wasn't going to look even more incompetent than I already showed. 

"I'm an independent woman who needs no man!" I said proudly when I finally got under. I heard his slow claps and saw him standing over the bed looking down at me with a less than impressed expression. 

"Well according to the events that just took place, you do. And that man is me." He said pointing to himself with a not so happy look. He still had face make up on but it was smudged in places. 

He's not a man...

"I'm never going to be designated driver again!" He said exasperated and walked away. 

I snuggled into the blanket and felt warm and content, slowly drifting to sleep. 

**

Alex stormed out of his bedroom not knowing where he was going exactly. The kitchen popped up in his mind. 

Although he seemed frustrated with intoxicated Jasmin, he felt the opposite. He felt content having her in his room. In a way she was keeping him company in his house than being all alone like usual. When he wasn't out doing something, running errands, he would find himself alone in the house, pondering over every little thing, good and bad and that frustrated him. 

Alex opened his fridge door and took a brief glance at the limited choice and then grabbed a bottled water. He made his way back upstairs and stopped at the door to peek in to see Jasmin already passed out. 

He quietly walked in and sat on the lonely chair in the corner of his room.

He looked at his bed and then opened the bottle of water and took a big gulp. How was he supposed to sleep now? Not that he even got good sleep at night. It was hard for him to fall asleep or stay asleep. On most sleepless nights he'd sneak in and observe Jasmin and see her peacefully sleeping, wondering what made her sleep so well and if she dreampt regularly.

He hadn't realized he was almost done with the water until he drank the last bit. He placed the empty bottle on the floor and then walked over to Jasmin. 

Gently, he sat down on the edge and looked down at her. Her cat whiskers were smudged all over her face which made him smile to himself. 

She was so careless. 

He had the urge to wipe off the make up off her face. Slowly his hand came closer to Jasmin's face. His hand brushed her cheeks before she rustled awake. He quickly took his hand away and waited for her to say something. 

She looked sleepy and dazed. He thought she was dozing off again when her eyes fluttered close. 

"Why'd you come back here?" She then asked with her eyes closed, almost startling him.

"I had to make sure you weren't going to throw up." He quickly made an excuse. 

She opened her eyes to look up at him now. 

"No, why'd you come back to this town?" She faintly asked.

He didn't know why she was asking him this right now. Usually he could tell what was on her mind but right now she was hard to read. She was obviously still drunk, maybe she wouldn't remember. 

"You know why." He replied simply. Jasmin shook her head. 

Alex looked down at her in silence contemplating what to say next. 

After a brief moment of silence, Alex leaned in closer to Jasmin. Jasmin looked on not batting an eye.

Alex had noticed Jasmin had been more accepting of their closeness recently and couldn't complain. It was a lot better than when they first met. 

"You really want to know why I'm here?" Alex said almost in a whisper. Jasmin nodded her head. 

"Someone bad is coming for you." He had a certain look in his eyes that made Jasmin's heart pick up it's pace.

"Or something... You're going to die horribly." He said with a serious look on his face. Both of them were still as could be, continuing to stare at each other. Jasmin had a blank look on her face but Alex knew she was scared by what he said and to also add he still had his face make up too.

The corners of his mouth twitched and now he was smiling fully. 

"Of course that won't happen cuz I'm here." He then said. His fast changing demeanor was confusing to her which made her think that he must've been messing with her like he usually did.

It was quiet again. Jasmin couldn't find what to say to him. 

"You're going to have an awesome hangover." He said to her before moving away. Alex didn't miss how Jasmin finally exhaled and then inhaled. 

Guess she wasn't too used to being close to him...Well, that close at least. 

"Rest up kitty cat."