14. Gage Road

I wouldnt really peg Alex for the type to be reading supernatural beings. I wouldn't peg him to read at all. But there was always something that he surprised me with. There were also a lot of things he was hiding.

And I was going to get to the bottom of his box of dirty little secrets.

"Earth to Jasmine." Hannah said waving a hand in front of my face.

I blinked at her a few times. "What? Were you saying something?" I asked.

She sighed and put her hands on her hips. "I'm telling you Sandra, It's like she's in another world." She said exhausted.

"Sorry. I'll pay attention. What were you two talking about?" I said, sitting up on Hannah's bed.

"We were talking about the cast for the story. We need three main guys to act and since we're already the female leads, we just have to look for male leads." Hannah said all in one go.

"Adam can be one of the male leads." I suggested.

"I was thinking that too." Sandra chipped in while typing away at her laptop.

"Okay, so then we just need two other guys." She said pausing. "I have a few people in mind. I'll take care of it." She then said. "Okay, so I'm guessing you were in la la land when Sandra said the story plot too." She said to me.

"No." I lied. "It's a love triangle and... Uh things happen."

Hannah shook her head at me.

I smiled up at her cheekily then glanced at her clock.

"Oh shit. I gotta go." I say jumping up from her bed. "I gotta pick up some things from the grocery store for my mom." I grabbed my things and slipped my shoes on.

"Okay, we'll just tell you what we come up with later." Sandra said.

"Don't forget to ask Adam if he can play a part in our movie." Hannah reminded me.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that this was Hannah's movie project instead of Sandra's.

"Alright I'll ask. See you guys later!" I say while rushing out of her room.

"Be careful driving!" Sandra yelled.

"I always am!" I yelled back.

**

"Oh lord, please help me. Don't do this to me now. Come on!" I yelled at my car.

"Why are you doing this to me! I just got you a few weeks ago!" I continued to yell at my car.

It was almost 10 at night and I was on my way home from the grocery store. I was driving and then suddenly my car decides to act stupid and weird then decided to break down.

To make matters worse, it decides to break down in the middle of no where near the woods. The only light was coming from the moon and that didn't really light up the road as much as I wish it did. This would be so much better if it happened during the day, or if it didn't happen at all!

I hit the steering wheel, frustrated. I can't believe this is happening. I pulled out my phone and dialed my house. I waited and waited for either my parents to pick up but nothing. I tried calling three more times but nothing.

What the hell were they doing? Ew, actually I don't want to know.

I automatically thought of Adam to call next. I ran his number and he picked up after the third ring.

"Hey Jaz." Adam said with a sleepy voice.

"Did I wake you?" I asked confused. Why was he asleep already?