24.) Naive

**

I got into my last class, which was a computer graphics class. I would have to say this class was the least boring out of all of them. 

I sat in my normal seat in front of the computer and logged in. 

"Hey Jasmin, can I talk to you?" I looked up and saw Cody looking down at me. I almost forgot he had this class too. 

"Yeah sure." I said. I watched as he took a seat next to mine. We didn't have assigned seating in this class but there would usually be Ali sitting there. She was someone who I considered a friend but didn't hang out with outside of school. 

"Sorry about what happened to you at my party. How are you?" I asked as soon as he was settled in the seat.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." He looked at me hesitantly. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"I told the cops what happened was an accident." He paused briefly. "But I lied." My heart was starting to pick up its pace. 

"Why'd you lie?" I asked.

He shook his head a little, thinking to himself. "Because he said he would come after me." He said which frightened me.

He?

I knew he meant Alex.

"Who? Who would come after you?" I asked getting closer to him.

"I don't know him. I haven't seen him but I know its the same guy from your party. I didn't see his face though." He said disappointingly. 

A mix of different emotions ran through me. I was relieved that Cody didn't see who had stabbed him. If he did, he would have recognized Alex and could've said something about it. I was furious at Alex though for lying to me about accidentally stabbing him. I also felt betrayed. I had trusted him. I had wanted to see the good in him. But I was too naive. 

"I just wanna say, be careful. It could be someone you know." He whispered. 

"I will." I breathed out. "Has that guy tried threatening you again?" I asked.

He shook his head. "After I gave my statement to a cop, I haven't heard from him. I don't think he'll bother me anymore." 

I nodded my head slowly. "Thanks for telling me. And I'm sorry again about what happened." I looked at Cody apologetically. 

"I'm fine now. But that's all I had to say." He said while starting to get up.

"Thanks." I mumbled. I stared back at my computer screen trying to think of what I would do next when I saw Alex. 

"I thought I'd have to find a new seat." I looked up to see Ali sitting down where Cody just got up.

I forced a smile. "Sorry, he had to tell me something important." I said.

I was feeling conflicted. What was my next move?

I wanted to avoid seeing Alex until I knew what I was going to do. It didn't help that he was my ride home but I could always get a ride with Adam or any one of my friends. I just didn't want Alex to think anything of it.

I then spotted Adam coming out of his class. I maneuvered my way through the crowds of students that were ready to go home.

"Hey, can you give me a ride?" I asked as soon as I got to him.