29.) Spidey Senses

I looked behind the crazy girl and saw Alex a few feet away from us and closing in. He was walking slowly which made me more irritated than I was before. He should be rushing over to us!

"Ivy, get off her." Alex calmly said when he got to us. She didn't move off of me but looked up at Alex like he was some majestic unicorn. 

"Did you get taller Alex?" She asked while smiling up at him. 

"Ivy, the knife." Alex held out one hand for her to give the knife over. She pouted up at him. 

"No." She said stubbornly. 

"Ivy, now." Alex said with a stern voice. Ivy's eyes widened a little then she looked back at me and scowled. Reluctantly, she moved the knife away from me. I felt a little sting against my skin and winced. She handed the knife to Alex and looked back at me again with a deadly stare. 

"Next time." She mouthed to me before finally getting off of me. Alex bent down to help me and patted the leaves and twigs off my back and hair. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. I scowled at him. I wasn't okay. I was just attacked by that crazy girl and he knows her. 

"No, I'm not okay." I grumbled.

"You look fine to me." He grinned. 

"Your girlfriend just attacked me and almost killed me!" I yelled at him. I looked around for the crazy girl and was shocked when she was nowhere to be seen. I got up quickly and looked around again.

"No, she's gone!"

"She's not my girlfriend." Alex said behind me, completely ignoring the fact that the crazy girl was gone. 

"Didn't you hear me? She's gone! We need to call the police, she almost killed me and she's going to come back and finish me off." I said frantically. 

Alex stood in front of me and held me in place. "She won't do a thing." He said to me in a calm manner, it made me want to slap him. 

"She almost did until you arrived. You shouldn't have let her go." I said as I shrugged him off of me.

"Listen fruit cake, you don't have to worry about her. Now come on." He said as he was trying to get me to move forward. I tried to avoid his touch and gave him the cold shoulder. 

"She literally almost killed me Alex. If she's not your girlfriend, who is she?" I asked. Alex sighed heavily and turned to me. 

"Jasmin, there's a time and place for this. This-" He gestured to us in the middle of the woods. "Is not the place to discuss this." I was about to interrupt him and he knew that so he quickly continued. "I will tell you everything that you want to know, later. But for now, will you just enjoy yourself. 

How could I possibly enjoy myself after I was threatened?

I still had a scowl on my face and my arms folded over my chest. 

How does he expect me to get over this. It's like this is the norm for him. 

Well, it probably is. 

But this wasn't  normal for me at all! If I keep pressing on about it I doubt Alex would actually give in and tell me. 

I sighed. 

"Fine. But don't you think for one minute I'll ever get over this. We're gonna talk about this asap!" I said sternly as I walked off, towards the party. 

I felt Alex close behind me as I got close to one of the bonfires. I constantly looked around me to see if that girl or maybe even that guy, that was with her, were somehow around still. 

"How'd you know I was in trouble anyways?" I asked looking at him curiously. 

"My spidey senses were tingling." He said looking serious. I rolled my eyes at him and put my hands close to the fire to warm up. 

"I'll get you a drink." Alex said almost as if it was a question. He looked at me, waiting for my reply. I sighed heavily and nodded. 

I wasn't going to follow any strangers this time. I am staying put.

"I'll be right back." Alex said quickly before striding off. 

I turned my attention back to my hands and at the fire steadily moving near. I then looked around to see if I could spot Hannah or Sandra and was surprised when I actually did. I could spot Hannah and her tall bunny ears trying to get on the shoulders of a random guy. Sandra looked like she was telling her no. I also spotted Riley, with bunny ears as well, cheering Hannah on. 

I shook my head. Don't tell me Hannah was already drunk. We haven't even been here that long. I looked back at the bonfire in front of me then looked up and froze when I saw a familiar face looking at me. 

I watched as Adam walked towards the bonfire that I was at. He went around the fire and stood next to me. 

"Hey." Adam said casually. He was dressed as a police officer.  

"Hey." I said as I glanced at him quickly with the best polite smile I could muster. This was awkward. I knew there was a possibility of seeing Adam at this party but I didn't think he would come up and talk to me.

"You look cute." He said. 

"Thanks." I said curtly. "You look cool." I complimented back.

"Thanks, I remember how you find men in uniform attractive." He said which made me feel more awkward. I cleared my throat as naturally as I could to distract from the silence. I didn't know what to say to that. 

"What are you doing after the party?" He then asked. My mind drew a blank. 

Sleeping?

"Probably going straight to bed." I answered. He nodded his head.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out or go back to my place and chill." He said casually. 

I looked around trying to avoid eye contact with him but I knew I couldn't continue to avoid him. 

"That's probably not a good idea Adam." I said. 

"Why?"

I looked at him confused. "It's awkward. We're not together anymore. I just think we need to keep some distance from each other for awhile, until we're-"

"We're moved on?" He interrupted. 

"Yeah I guess." He now had a slight scowl on his face. 

"I just don't understand Jasmin. What did I do?" He asked, a tinge of despair in his voice it was aching my heart. 

"I told you, you didn't do anything." I took a deep breath. "Adam, I don't know how to explain to you how I feel but I think this is the best thing for the both of us. I just need you to accept that."

Adam took a hold of my hand and squeezed it gently. 

"Jasmin I love you and I don't know what's going on but it's just not like you. I'm not giving up that easily and I'm sorry in advance but I can't just walk away from us like that." He had his whole body faced towards me now and looked at me with determination. "I'm sticking through this." He said looking at me intently. 

Someone had cleared their throat loud enough for me to look away from Adam. Alex stood a few feet away from us holding what I assumed was my drink. I took my hand away from Adams and stepped away from him. 

"I'll see you around Adam." I said and then walked over to Alex. 

"Just walk." I told Alex in a low whispered voice. He didn't say anything and did what I told him. I didn't know where we were walking to but when we were farther enough to not see Adam I exhaled deeply, exhausted from all this boy drama. I grabbed the drink Alex got for me and chugged it down. It was only after I had finished it was when I realized it was in a red solo cup. Alex seemed to notice the alert in my eyes and smirked. 

Did he do something to my drink?

Alex suddenly chuckled loudly. "Don't worry, your drink is untouched." He said which calmed me down. "Besides, there's really no good reason for me to do that to you... This time."