Chapter Eight

Copyright © Georgie E. - Fruitea on Wattpad  

Chapter 8

"It's three, Lou. We better go and find the guys."

I threw my head back, head resting on Kendal's shoulder as we kept moving to the base. My fingers tapped along to the beat on the back of his hand. My hips swayed harder at his statement; I wanted nothing less than leaving this spot right now. I wanted to be here until the speakers broke and the lights came on.

"Do we have to?" I moaned, turning my face into his neck. He chuckled. His hands moved from my waist, where they had eased me into a groove over an hour ago, and weaved in with my fingers.

"Yeah." He twirled me, his hands high above us. Facing him I saw the fatigue forming; whether it was the alcohol or the dancing or the heat of the bodies around us he was soon to be gone. I wanted to dance the night away. "The taxi will be outside soon."

I groaned and let go, hands finding his shoulders and trying to make him twist again to the song. He sighed but was complacent. He laughed as I swung my head to the new beat, lowering myself with the words of the song, making him join me. I thought I had won him over, giggling as we moved.

I soon realised that he was the one playing me when we emerged from the crowd. I gasped as he firmly took my waist and started towards the front door. From the first club we had moved onto a further four and now I was completely lost to what part of the city we were in.

It didn't take long to find the others; Jay and Kyle were together, sniggering about something by the bar. Tahoe soon appeared by the time we were at the door, courtesy of Kendal sending some profound text.

"It's only quarter past," I tried, turning to Kendal. He shook his head and with a huff I pulled from his grasp and took Jay in my own. "Come and dance with me, Jay. We have ages yet."

Jay laughed; ready to agree before he caught sight of something behind me. I thought it was Kendal sending a look of warning and turning I started to complain about him easing up. The words died when I saw who had started walking our way.

She was gorgeous in the conventional way. Blonde, tanned, legs that went for miles and a smile that told you she knew everything she had. I looked to the boys, seeing if they would offer a clue to who she was. There was no awaking them though, gormless expressions of dropped jaws and raised brows adorned their faces.

"Oh my gosh, Kendal; imagine seeing you here!"

"Naiad!" I jumped at Kendal's thawing, only seconds ago had he been a statue. But he now moved fluidly, his arms opening and a smile spreading. The girl rushed in, not even swaying on her heels, and her fingers curled into his damp strands at the nape of his neck.

"What are you doing here, Nad?" Jay asked. He was trying to hide the hostility, I could hear the strain in his voice, but he didn't veil it so well. His eyes moved from the releasing pair to me.

"I saw you dancing out there; you were going for it, weren't you?" She giggled as she stepped back, her eyes swinging to me. She ignored Jay completely. "So, who is you friend, Kendal?"

"Um..." Kendal stepped back and looking to me he placed a hand on my arm. I smiled slightly, the tipsy elation gone with this girl's entrance. "This is Louisa Douglas; you know her Naiad."

"Beck's girlfriend?" she said with a tight smile.

"Ex-girlfriend," I corrected.

She hummed, dissatisfied with how cool I shrugged off her back shot. Her lips puckered, she turned to Kendal. "Not your usual type, Kenny."