Chapter Twenty

Copyright © Georgie E. - Fruitea on Wattpad  

Chapter 20

"Oh, I like this top. It's definitely your colour."

I turned, eyeing the loose fit tank top in his hand. "Why is it that any time you see something it has a piece of food on it?"

"But it has a pineapple on it, Lou," Tristan threw his hand at the top as if I could mistake the print for anything else. "It's food-tiful.' He brought it to his chest, hugging it. "You have to have it."

"Why don't you get it for yourself?" Keet slipped between the clothes rails and his back. She flinched when the metal end bashed her spine. She showed no pain though and laughed as she eyed the faded sky blue shirt. "And it's not Lou's colour; it would wash her out." She rolled her eyes like she was reprimanding a small child. "But do you know whose colour it is?"

"Whose?" Tristan asked slowly, watching her with narrowed eyes. He was waiting for a snarky comment, one Keet would only say to Tristan.

She smiled sweetly though, taking the shirt from Tristan's grip and placing the colour tone side of his face; "Yours."

Tristan's lips puckered, taking the garment from Keet. Keet disappeared off in between the hangers again, looking at the cross-strapped silky vest tops. My eyes lingered on the pastels, the colours that would make me look like a character from Candy Crush, whereas Keet started pawing through the mustard yellows and the brightest scarlet ones.

"Is she kidding right now?" Tristan whispered from my side. Keet hummed to the pop song playing, it was the bubbly type that screamed ex-Disney star, apparently unable to hear us but I knew better. I looked at Tristan quizzically, he waved the top in my face. "Is this my colour?" I nodded slowly. "See!" Tristan threw his hands up and went to join Keet at the blazers; "This is why I don't go out shopping without you two; I would never know what my colour is."

"I thought it was because the closest shopping centre was miles away."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Well yeah, that too but mostly because I would be walking around like a clown otherwise."

"What?" I gasp and wide eyed turned to Keet, she laughed knowing what was to come; "We thought that was the style you were going for."

"Oh Lou, you are hysterical." I smirk. "No seriously, if the swimming thing goes to pot you should definitely open up a comedy club."

"I better start saving then," I joke weakly.

"Oh hush," Keet snapped, rolling her eyes. None of us were ever to put up with the pity party and whenever we started on that train of thought... well, it was stopped in its tracks. "You're all better now and you've been practicing constantly; you won't end up begging on the street."

"Who said anything about begging?" My brows crumpled. "I'm opening a comedy club."

"Same thing," Nikita dismissed, throwing a hand in the air. Tristan laughed and shook his head. "Right then, let's get changed and see if we actually like what we've got." I looked down at Keet's hands and scowled, we were going to be waiting for ages. "Come on, Trist."

"You don't actually expect me to—"

"I got it in a large here," she pulled out the replica of the shirt in Tristan's hand from the pile in her arms.

"I'm a small, Keet."

"In men's tops, idiot."

"It doesn't matter anyway," Tristan placed the small top on the closest hanger and crossed his arms. "I'm not wearing a girls top, it would look silly."