Chapter 2

Chapter 2

**

One thing you should know about me is that you never ever wake me up on a Saturday morning. One reason is that, well it's Saturday, a weekend, the only time I get to sleep, well Sunday too, but you get my point.

So here I am sleeping in my comfortable, soft bed but the only problem is that this bed is moving, like really moving up and down. How can a bed move? Am I dreaming?

No, my mind said to me.

Then what is with the bed? And I did the next thing that I shouldn't have done; I started kicking here and there.

Thud.

A loud groan was heard from beside my bed and then...

"Chloe! What the hell!?" Ashley shouted. Next thing I know, she jumped on top of me. Girl, she must look skinny and all, but she's heavy.

"Ash, get the hell away from me. Get up, you're crushing me." I shouted.

"Nope," she simply replied.

"Why not? Girl, you're fat. You don't look, but you are," I said to her.

"I am not fat. You are like an elephant or uh, or like a goat, yeah a goat," she said, not fully sure about what she wanted to tell.

"Really a goat, couldn't come up with something better?" I asked, smirking. "God! How come I'm friends with you? I pity me sometime." I mumbled to myself.

"I heard you."

"God, will you get up already," I said with a huff. Its early morning and her craziness have already started. How am I going to survive? Anyway, what time is it?

"Fine," she said, getting up. I reached for my clock and when I saw the time, I shouted at the top of my lungs,

"What the chocolate fudge?" Yeah I don't like to swear a lot. I'm a nerd and nerds usually don't swear. Stereotype people! "Why did you wake me up so early, Ash?"

"You see." She looked anywhere, but at me. "I was bored and didn't want to sleep, so I thought why not wake you up so we can do something productive?" She laughed to herself, a nervous laugh. I really love to sleep. One should know two things about me, I sleep a lot and don't like when somebody wakes me, and second is that I love food. Food is life.

Thinking about food made my stomach growl loudly and Ash started laughing.

"What? It's not my fault I'm hungry." I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom for my morning routine. As I close the door, I heard Ashley say to meet her at breakfast table. First thing I looked when I closed the bathroom door was my hair; it was like a birds nest.

Geez! I need a hair cut.

After brushing my teeth, taking an extra long bath, I went to my walk in closet and wore my usual, comfortable white t-shirt with a jacket over it and a black skinny jean.

I came downstairs to see Mom in the kitchen cooking food while Dad and Ashley talking like they haven't seen each other in years and laughing like donkeys. Can anyone tell that she's the queen bee and the most wanted girl in my school? No. I don't think so.

I rolled my eyes at them and wished my parents good morning and made a face at Ash. After eating my breakfast and laughing at my Dad's poor attempt in cracking jokes, Ashley and I went to our friend's house.

We have a big group. From big I mean, five girls including me and Ashley. They are Leah Mason, Beth Stone and Laura Jackson. We all are inseparable. All of us are partners in crime. If any one of us makes any mistake or fights or gets in trouble, we all take the blame and responsibility. That's what friends are for.