Chapter 29

Chapter 29

**

"So you're trying to tell us that you had a sister, Emma, and you didn't tell us because you thought it was your fault and that we'll hate you if we come to know?" Leah asked, trying to process everything I said.

I nodded my head, eyeing her carefully. "Yeah."

"You're crazy if you think that," Alec said, munching his popcorn.

I called all our group members at Leah's house as her parents were out for a week. I told Chase that it's time for them to know as well. So I called everyone and broke the news. They were shocked to say would be an understatement of the century.

"It wasn't your fault. You tried your best," Ryan said, giving me a side hug. I smiled at him.

"Yeah. For the first time I agree with him." Laura pepped in. She came towards me and hugged me.

"Don't leave me alone," Leah complained and hugged us, from my other side.

"Me too." Ashley said. Now, all four of us were hugging each other as a reunion. I laughed and we broke apart. Ashley went to Jason, smiling up to him.

"Okay. So I think we should do something." Jason said.

"What?" Laura asked.

"Let's go for ice cream. I'm kind of craving that." Leah suggested.

"Ice cream it is." Alec chirped. We gave him a confuse look, but didn't question any further. Leah ignored him, walking out of her house. Laura following behind her and Ryan following Laura like a lost puppy.

"Is it just me or something is wrong with the four of them?" I asked, my glance following as they step out.

"I think there's something to it," Jason said.

"Yeah, me too," Chase agreed.

The ice cream parlor was nearly empty. I don't blame them. I mean, winter is coming soon. Who will eat ice cream in winter, except for smarties like us?

"Which one do you want?" Chase asked me.

"Vanilla."

Chase looked at me confuse. "But you don't like vanilla. You like chocolate."

"Yeah, I know." I confirmed.

"So why are you taking van-"

"Do you have a problem?" I asked, challenging him.

"No." He shook his head.

"Good, then." I ordered two vanillas for both of us. All of them gave their orders.

"Here you go." The worker gave us our ice cream.

"Thanks," I reached for the two cups of vanilla and gave one to Chase.

"So, what are we going to do next?" Alec asked, walking close to Leah who was trying to maintain her distance from him.

"Amusement park?" Ashley suggested.

"Yeah. We should go there," I said, excitedly.

"Okay, I don't have a problem." Laura and Ryan said at the same time. They both looked at each other. Staring contest was going on between them.

We drove to the amusement. As soon as we reached, we decided to go on the big rides first as there wasn't any line. We tried various other rides too.

"Let's go to Ferris wheel," Ashley said, pulling Jason with her. Jason grumbled under his breath, but followed her.

"I want to go too," Alec said, looking at Leah with a pleading eye. "Please."