Chapter 27

Chapter 27

**

"Megan."

"What are you doing here?" She sneered.

"Didn't you hear? I'm with them," I said, looking towards Liam and Chase, who stood there uncomfortably.

"Whatever." She scoffed at me and turned her attention back towards them. "If you change your mind, you know where to find us." She giggled.

"Okay."

She turned around and went inside, not without swaying her hips a little too much on her way. I rolled my eyes at her desperation. Really? There is something called as self-respect.

"She's good," Liam forced out.

"It's okay. I know you don't like her. Feelings mutual," Chase said. Liam nodded and took his coke from my hand and went inside. Chase smiled towards me and took his share of coke. I stood there mouth hanging open. "Are you coming?" He asked as he noticed I wasn't following him. Really? They are unbelievable.

"Coming." I went inside and took my seat. The seating arrangement was Liam, Chase and me. I didn't want to sit in between them because I knew they would shout like an insane person.

**

The movie was good. I like it. Since Iron Man is my favorite, I liked it even more. After the movie, we ate at the nearby restaurant. I'm glad we didn't meet Megan again. I'm sure if she knew we were going somewhere to eat, she along with her friends would tag as well, but lucky us, we didn't meet her while leaving.

Now I was home, in my bed along with Ashley. Since tomorrow is Saturday, she decided we should have a sleepover.

"You remember when I came to you after a party, complaining about Jeff?" She asked.

"Yeah. I remember. Two whole months have passed and it seems like everything has changed."

"Yeah. I mean, the next day Chase came to stay next to you. We met his new friends and now all of us are friends, a big group. Never thought that I'll have an amazing boyfriend like Jason," she said. A smile lit up her face as she said Jason.

"Yeah. I couldn't agree more. But along with these came some bad times," I muttered.

"Your Dad." She stated. I nodded. "But you know what came out the best?"

"What?" I looked at her as we lay on my bed side my side, staring at the ceiling.

"That I got the old Chloe back. The childish, sarcastic, immature girl back. I haven't heard you whining about a test or that you didn't get full marks. The old Chloe I knew never once complained about it. Then you became all distant. All you would do is study. I'm glad to see you have a life, other than books," she joked the last line.

"I have life other than books," I defended.

"Oh yeah, Chase."

I rolled to my side and took the pillow and started smacking her face with it. "Really?"

"Ow, Chloe. Stop it," she whined.

"It's a pillow. You won't get hurt," I said in sing-song voice.

"I know that but you're cutting my breathing circulation."

I rolled my eyes and stopped my movement. I lie back down and sigh. "Do you think the change is good?"

"It's for the best." I hummed back.

We talked for sometimes, discussing about what's going on with Leah and Alec, along with Ryan and Laura. We decided to spy on them and demand answers. Also it's time for them to know the truth. But before I tell them, I'll have to tell Chase. He has the right to know first.